Heart beats at midwife appointment

topspom
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:28 am 
Post subject: Heart beats at midwife appointment
Well I just got back from my midwife appointment and she tried to listen to the heart beats- we heard one, but when she listened again she wasn't sure if it was the same one or the other one. I was hoping to hear them both to reassure me that they are both alive & well. Shouldn't worry so much or be morbid, but how would anyone know if one was alive and one wasn't?

It seems ages to wait for my next scan which is in 4 weeks time. I wish I could have another 'reassurance' scan, but it costs about 75 and I don't think hubbie would argue that it's not necessary. he's probably right, but it would certainly put my mind at rest! Is anyone else paranoid like this or is it just me??!
Confused
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun, i was pregnantwith twins over a year ago and i used 2 drive myself potty worrying about this! Twin 2 was always behind his brother soit was hard to get both heartbeats especially early on! Also sometimes their hb are so similar that they sound like one baby and usually they need a diff of 5-10 beats to be sure its both babies! I kno its hard but u just need to think positively! Also as you're not quite half way yet they may just be a bit small to find both, especially if one is using the other one as a bed (as my boys did!)

Hope this makes u feel a bit better,you could also ask ur mw to try again at home if ur getting anxious?

Take care xx

EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
Amylou88 wrote:
Hey hun, i was pregnantwith twins over a year ago and i used 2 drive myself potty worrying about this! Twin 2 was always behind his brother soit was hard to get both heartbeats especially early on! Also sometimes their hb are so similar that they sound like one baby and usually they need a diff of 5-10 beats to be sure its both babies! I kno its hard but u just need to think positively! Also as you're not quite half way yet they may just be a bit small to find both, especially if one is using the other one as a bed (as my boys did!)

Hope this makes u feel a bit better,you could also ask ur mw to try again at home if ur getting anxious?

Take care xx

OMG! how are you hun?? sorry hijacking post here. we never spoke much before you had your babies but i was so touched by your story that ive always thought of you and always wondered how you were. i hadnt long found out i was expecting twins when you had yours and i always thought you were so strong going through what you did and didnt know if i could ever be that strong if i was faced with it. you truely are an ispiration to me and probably alot of other mums or mums to be out there.

Rachel xxxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular