Early twin pregnancy

Missyplus4
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:57 pm 
Post subject: Early twin pregnancy
Hi
Just wanted to ask all the mums and mums-to-be with twins about there first pregnancy symptoms and also was wondering in a twin pregnancy at the early stages r the hormone levels higher or lower than a single pregnancy?
Did anyone have negative pregnancy tests then found out they were pregnant with twins?
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
My first symptom would probably be a bloated belly. It was only because of this that I took a pregnancy test or else it would probably have been another couple of weeks before I knew as my period wasn't even due yet. After that sickness was the main symptom.

And your hormone levels are usually higher in a multiple pregnancy. When I took my test it came up positive instantly and very very dark! I thought it was strange since I was taking the test a bit early but when I found out at my 12 week scan that it was twins, I realised why the test had been so clear.

tillyfloss85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
well i took a few tests and they were neg and then i got a postive a week later?...
i was very bloated to start as well,
sorry everyone u will hate me but i have never been sick once again with these so i dont think that is true about what they say... i was never sick with my last baby either?
i had no idea it was twins until my scan and it was a big shock!!
x
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 am 
Post subject:
I had a positive test when I was 10 days late- quite a strong line on the test. I felt very sick from about 7 weeks but was never actually sick (although I think if I had been having one I might not have felt sick at all because my Mum & my sis never felt sick with their pregnancies). Other than that nothing different compared with singleton pregnancies, the ususl tiredness, sore breasts etc, so when we found out at the scan it was the biggest shock ever- we didn't suspect for one minute that there was 2 in there! I didn't show much at all until about 15 weeks.
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
i had a positive at only 3 weeks pregnant. all i remember was being highly emotional. i didnt even know i was pregnant. i jsut started crying in the middle of a crowded cafe cos OH had thrown sugar down my top as he was messing about. it was literally floods of tears and i dont know why.

two days later i just had a feeling took a test and there it was. only a month before hand the doctor told me i wasnt ov-ing and there was a high chance i could never have my own children. then a month later find out im pregnant! then a month after that found out it was twins! i just had a feeling it was twins as well. not a could it be twins feeling but a i know its twins feeling.

and now aparently i am prone to twins. had tests done after they were born and my body has mixed hormone levels. i have a month of no ovulation then to make up for it my body realeases a stronger hormone surge that matures two eggs at a time. then a month of no ovulation again.

Rachel xxxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
RachieRach86, thats mad!! so basically if your going to have anymore your definately going to have twins!!

i bow before you! lol! your like super-mum! lol

xx

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
RachieRach86,

OMG!! Shocked after leaving my last comment i just thought, if you get pregnant again with twins, and one egg or both splits into two, you could have triplets or quadruplits(cant spell) lol!! Very Happy

sorry, im baffled! lol!
Embarassed

xx

EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 am 
Post subject:
i know! im crazy.

about two weeks after havingthe twins i announced on facebook that i quite fancied triplets next!

and since about a month after having them ive a really strange spooky feeling that im going to have quads and its going to be two sets of identical girls. i just cant budge the feeling im going to have quads and since ive had the twins ive always said to my mum im going to have alot more girls than boys!

and it worries me as when i found out i was pregnant first time round i instantly knew it was going to be twins!

Rachel xxxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
thats so mad!

ooo, i couldnt do it, well i supoose if it happened id just have to, lol. but really your gonna have your hands full!!

so you thinkyou'll dfinately have more then??

xx

EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
i want more and ive got this feeling im going to have alot in one go

dont know how i would react if i did have that many though!!

Rachel xxxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular