new to all of this & very confussed

tinkerbell1011
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject: new to all of this & very confussed
Hello,

Came off the pill on 20th July had normal af on 23rd to 26th July and since then have been very active in the bedroom department!!

And this is my story so far

I have looked at a few web sites (when i say a few i mean them all) with ov calculators but not sure since i have just came off the pill that the details i have put in will be right or if I could ov earlier or later as having af on the pill is not really having a normal af.
Since Wednesday I have been having really bad cramps, bloating, yesterday and today white/clear discharge which are all signs of ov and today really sore nipples but by the ov calculators i should have had my peck ov on Monday 4th or am i reading them all wrong???
Not sure when I should expect my next af either. Since i have ov will my af come as normal??? We have only been TTC for a month and its all i can think about!!!

If anyone has any advice everything is more than welcome!!!!!
xToNix
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
i would leave your body to settle down for a month after takng the pill. it can mess up your ovulating cycle.
If you get pregnant in the meanwhile BONUS. im not very good with ov cycle sorry x
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, Dont worry im had the same issues and we are running on the same cycle as my first day of period was the 24th july, which made my ov dates 5th to 9th aug, so i think yours are about 3rd to 7th / 8th.
I was on the pill for nearly 15 years and i came off in april this year, we didnt really try the first month and as for june i wasnt sure of my ov dates, but my periods settled into a reg cycle straight away. So this month we went for it.
I bought some home OV testing strips from wilkos they were 3.99 for 6, but ive read since you can get 10 off ebay for about 1.99 and they work.
So if your not successful this month, {fingers crossed you are} id recc that you buy some and start keep a chart and im sure you'll start to work it all out but heres to testing soon.... let me know how you get on,
And dont worry about thinking about this all day, im just the same and i think you'll find most are on here to. xx
CarasMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
hi i came off the pill in dec n my first cycle was around 45 days. I only had three periods before becoming pg in april. My cycles were all around 44 days and I think letting my body have the time to readjust helped me work out my ov dates easier. I read that we ovulate anywhere around 10-16 days before af appears. As I knew how long my cycles were I was able to get a good calculation and go for it....seemed to work for me.

I did get a bit worried as I read that if a cycle is longer than 36 days it could be the case that no egg is actually released even tho we bleed. but I think when coming off the pill it just takes time to readjust.

good luck
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for the replies

It really helps when you can talk to other women who are in the same boat and know how you are feeling!!!

I am noticing every little change in my body now since ttc which i would never have thought twice about a few months ago and looking into everything far to much.
tinkerbell1011
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
My poor hubbi doesn't really understand the whole ov cycle and how long it could take to get pg and its very hard to explain to him something that am not really sure about either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular