Help please!!!

Mommy12Kelli
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Help please!!!
wel im 17 years old and having a little girl in 3 months time (cant wait)
The only problem is i am still going to college and still going home, my birthday isnt till the end of may so i wont be able to claim anything till then.

However when i am 18 what will i be able to claim to give my daughter a good life and be able to look after her and make sure we are both secure please help me?
Jessicar1990
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
hi, have a look here, you will get the healthy start thing as you are under 18, and the website is helpfull for after you turn 18 too xxxx hope i helped x

[/url]
EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 am 
Post subject:
Good for you for still staying at college!
Hope you find your answer!
Good luck hun!
Em x
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
hey,

as far as i know you are entiteled to the healthy start grant (one off payment of 190 pounds ) you can claim this from 21 weeks. As soon as your eighteen you will qualify for income support which you can claim through job centre plus. Check out www.jobcentreplus.co.uk and they have a list on maternity benefits.
Hope this helps!!

oh and once you have had ababy you can ask for a 500 maternity grant from social !- you dont have to pay this back ?
lusciousloz2005
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Along with the healthy start vouchers, income support and your 190 and 500 grants you get, you should also be entitled to child tax credit which you can only get when the baby is born...i'm the same age and i claim all that...i also claim housing benefit to help with my rent. There's lots of things you can claim, you'll be fine providing for your child x
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
how do you get a place of your own, when i aint working neither is my partner, please help,

lusciousloz2005
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
<b>Hi, to the girl that posted above.... neither me or my partner were working when I fell pregnant. You need to find out from your council how much housing benefit you're entitled to. Then look in papers and estate agents to look for houses... when you ring up ask if they take housing benefit before you view them. Just go on from there. Easy really!! Let us know how you get on
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
we cant afford it, because we would need to buy furniture, etc, i am living with my partners parents xxx

lusciousloz2005
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
Council will pay your rent as you're not working. Even when you do work they will pay a percentage of your rent depending on your earnings
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
take the bed with you from your bf's parents, your gonna have to buy -edit- Baby furniture either way, when we first moved in here we didnt have a thing, we're still using a sofa we found! (skank i know but needs must)! and slowly we've built up our stuff and are getting a new (to us) sofa soon

you can do it, you just have to go without in some areas.

x

Last edited by HohLee on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lusciousloz2005
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah exactly. Our first sofa was one from a charity shop and cost about 30! We just got the basics first of all and now have a nice flat screen tv a 2 piece leather suite (still second hand but very nice!)
Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
op-over 16s can clain everything- income support, childtax credit, maternity grant, health in pregnancy grant, unless its changed since i had my eldest!
if your on a low income you may be entitled to a grant when you move into your own home, housing grant i think its called x

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
ok thanks for that, we might look for a place after the baby is born, because it aint long away now,xxxx

lauren4eva
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun

go down to your local Citizens Advice Bureau, they are so helpful and will give you info on everything you will be entitled to.
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
ok thanks xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular