11 month old development issues?? worried mom & dad

slm22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:32 pm 
Post subject: 11 month old development issues?? worried mom & dad
Hi, Our son is very advanced in some aspects and behind in others. He did most everything early. rolling over, sitting up, babbling, crawling, cruising, grasping, self feeding with fingers and fork, climbing stairs and furniture, waving. He will not roll a ball, sit still for a book he just screams and slams it shut, He will nest cups but will not stack them or blocks. He gets very frustrated with the stacking rings as well. he won't clap or play patty cake. I have read he should be doing all of this plus be able to identify objects by pointing at them or picture.(eyes, nose, dog, cat, pig) he just gets very tempermental. He did say 6 words at about 9 1/2 months now he only says 2 mama & dada. Is all of this normal or is their cause for our concern. How do I encourage activities that he refuses to do? Any insight would be great. Thank you!!
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:11 am 
Post subject:
hiya,

my daughter is the same she is very advanced in walking, climbing and physical things but can get very frustrated wne u try and sit with her and do something like read a book stack blocks. she has got a lot beter now and we are trying to spend as much time possible with her and even when she does have a temper we just percever and try to show her new things and she s starting to join in.

i wouldnt worry too much babies all do differetn things just try to ignore him wen he gets frustarted and continue to show him new things.

andrea28
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to say but there is to many books that we read now adays on how our baby should be at what age. they all develop at there own peace. some things sooner some things slower... my daughter was born at 28wk in my pregnancy and now is nearly 3 in nov. everyone said she would by around 6months behind on other children her own age. but within 21months she was is doing what other kids her age is doing. but she did not walk until 15months didnt eat solid til 1yr and only just started talking about 3months ago when she started with a child minder and had to talk.

good luck
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
she is right you know, to many people tell you when kids should be doing things, when they will do them when they are good and ready!! My son is 7mnth and is not interested in rolling, hates tummy time and crawling is not even in the picture, we are fighting with solids and he is weaning himself off his milk!!! Over all he is mostly happy LOL and healthy so I try not to worry at all. He will develope at his own rate and I dont compare him to his wee friends who are much more advanced. It can be hard though Very Happy

I have found when I was a nanny that if I played with toys myself and ignored the child they normally sat and watched and slowly came over to see what I was up too. Just something you and your hubby could try maybe. Kids hate being ignored and missing out on fun, you never know, you might enjoy playing with his blocks too, I know I do!! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:39 am 
Post subject:
She's right,people read books and think that coz it says in the book that ur baby shud b doing certain things at certain ages that there's sumthing wrong if they don't. I was 1 of they people,my little boy has come on soo much that i dnt even read these books anymore.They will do things wen they're ready 2.My son is 11 months and he wont sit so i can read 2 him,because he's crawling nowhe likes 2 go about on his own as he knows he can and do his own thing.Dnt worry 2 much about it x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular