New to sight, scared 17 single mum, need some advice

LexaChar
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject: New to sight, scared 17 single mum, need some advice
Hi

My names Lexa, short for Alexandria, and I found out yesterday morning that Im nearly four weeks pregnant. I guess I always knew, I slept with one of my guy mates and our protection split, but I didnt get the morning after pill cause I was convinced that it wouldnt happen to me. I told the guy straight away but he said he doesnt believe me that it could be his, even though he is the only guy ive ever slept with (we dated when we were 15, and have slept together a few times after we broke up aswell) and said he doesnt want to know.

I live with my mum and am currently in a reletionship with a girl named Jess (I am bi-sexual), the sex with my friend happened when we were broken up but im petrified of telling both of them. Ive been dating Jess for nearly ayear, with our month break, and my mum wants me to go to University. I am at college doing maths, physics, biology and business and I do very well in my subjects and I was really looking forward to applying to uni next year and I feel that this is all gone now.

I have no idea what to do, as none of my friends have babies or my mum's friends, and I just typed into google and found this sight. Im really scared, I have no idea what to do or to expect but I know for sure that I dont want an abortion or to give my baby away. The doctor didnt seem to have much time to talk things through we me, she was really snipey to me about teenage mothers, and I felt awful as I didnt set out to get pregnant. I just have no idea where to even start with all of this.

It would be nice just to talk to some other people who know more about pregnancy than I do and can tell me what I should or what I need to be doing for my baby.

Thank you

Lexa
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Im sorry to hear about your situation. The first thing to do is to tell your partner and mum as lying and hiding things will make the situation worse. Come clean, and im sure they will support you. They may be upset initially but they will both understand.

As for college and uni- they can still be done. If you can get help to care for baby when he or she arrives- i.e mum may be willing to look after baby so you can study. or there are childcare settings- nurseries or creches. You should be able to apply for finicial help towards those too.

good luck
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am 
Post subject:
hey, you need to tell your girlfriend whats going on, and your mum. hopefully they will both support you more than the biological father!

You can still do uni, my partners at uni and alot of my friends that have kids!

I'm always about and had my first baby at 16 so give me a shout anytime.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! xx
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
You need to be honest with your partner and your mum, the longer you leave it the worse it'll get. I'm sure they'll support you! Even if your mum does get mad, i'm positive she'll come around, if not before then definitly when she see's her grandchild Smile

As for University you can still do all that with a child!
I'm abit older at 20 but i'm a single mummy too so if you ever want to chat just pm me Smile

gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun, iv replied in newbies forum Smile x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular