Baby Milk

vickyban
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject: Baby Milk
Hiya, Just got back from seeing midwife and she gave me 2 leaflets about how from 1st Sept you now have to take your own baby mlkl in with you for when you have baby? I thought they give you them small bottles 2 help till you know whats best for baby? Did every1 else know aboput this n what do you think? I think its unfair really Confused x
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Didnt know about this,it is unfair though but good luck. xx Very Happy
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt eitha till 2day, i know it isnt a big deal and i dont mind taking my own milk but i just thought gosh are they not gonna give people a little bit of help these days? It says 2 take them small 200ml cartons with you so you can put them in the fridge and use the rest once opened. Good luck 2u 2. xx
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
I do think it's really bad. My mother told me when you used to have children they would give you nappies, hats, whatever for your baby. Now you have to take literally everything in - cotton wool, wipes, and now milk! Seeing as we pay more than ever for taxes you would think they could stretch to providing milk for a couple of days?

vickyban
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
I know yeah, my mum said the same that you use 2 get abit of help. I cant believe im moaning so much about this i just cant get over how tight things are these days n like yuo said we pay our taxes. Rant over now, blame the pregnancy hormones. lol Very Happy x
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
lol. No I think you are totally right to moan about it. I have found they don't even help you much with your baby in the hospital. I just think it's sad that you are literally kicked out of the door after your baby.

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my god that is ridiculous! I can't believe they're doing that grrr Evil or Very Mad
When I was in with Toby by the third day I couldn't cope anymore my mum came to visit and found both me and Toby in tears he was latching on fine I just wasn't producing anywhere near enough to keep him satisfied and he was so lazy he'd fall asleep on the nipple and delatch and then startle and then latch back on wrong I was in agony I didn't want him anywhere near me by the time my mother came in.
She told me to go and get a bottle off of the midwife and that one wouldn't help, I tracked the midwife down and she gave me a small bottle and a teat and told me not to worry about nipple and teat confusion and that I'd done well to get as far as I could and I could always try again once he was a bit more rehydrated.
As it was he took the bottle fine guzzled most of it and then fell into a very contented sleep for about four hours so I thought bugger it I'll carry on with the bottles he's obviously alot happier with that!
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:22 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly. It jsut makes me all the more nervous as if you cant turn 2 them when youv had you baby what are you supose to do? especially for first time mums who havent gota clue? Shocked x
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
The hospitals around me, theres three in close radius, you had to take your own milk and bottles if you was bottle feeding.
I decided i was going to breastfeed so didnt take anything in with me. But Freya didnt take from me for the first six hours so the midwive cup feed her for me, with milk that they already had there. So i recon they will have milk there as a back up for you?
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
i can't believe they can't even supply a little milk! what happens if a new mum doesn't know to bring any, can't breastfeed and has no-one to bring some in for her???

amazing just how tight things are

xtine1985BScHons
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
I know you're nervous enough about doing a good job when you're in there and having a starving dehydrated baby does not do you any favours!
Christ no wonder PND is on the increase there is far too much pressure being put on mothers to be super heros!
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
i got made up little bottle for louise while i was on hopsital.

its ridiculous theyd otn do that anymore. what they expect us to do take our sterliser and tuba milk and make bottles up there. dont we have enough to be dealign with,

NicolaOasis
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
oh dear
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
i dont think its every hospital that does this as my mom has just asked a m/w that her friend knows and she says she knows nothing of this at all.
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
maybe its just some hopsitals then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular