do tax credits get backdated?

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 pm 
Post subject: do tax credits get backdated?
probably the wrong section i know, sorry ladies. but we are in the midst of trying to sort our money out after being [*@!#%*] about for a month : we are claiming tax credits and child benefit for the first time, but need to put the forms in at the same time to different places - will either of these be backdated to elijah's birthday? we are meant to be moving house but i cant go ahead with it until i know my income and when we will get what - its a total nightmare but thats beside the point Smile

help please!

BandaPanda
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
I am pretty sure they do yes, I didn't apply right away but got it all from the day she was born
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Right Im not a hundred per cent on this but I *think* it was/is three months they will back date them for, but I caught some of the budget on the TV a little while back and they said something about you can only back date them for a month.
Now Im not too sure if that was tax credits or something else and I really dont know when it will come into effect! So really Im not help, sorry Rolling Eyes Laughing
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
it can be backdated up to 3 months x
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
yes they do they just did ours backwhen LO was born 4/4/10
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
Ive just sent mine away and am really hoping to get them backdated as im absolutely skint as anything! i under estimated how wed cope with only one real wage coming in. Im on half pay now and its so hard. I spent an extra 300 this month from what i actually eanred - ooopss! x

[/url]
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
im about to stop getting paid and just go onto statutory maternity pay - nightmare! it would be great to get it backdated especially as who knows how long it will take to go through - we posted ours away going on for two weeks ago now Shocked

loving the new tickers btw, super cute! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular