Breastfeeding help and tips...

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure hun,I hope not Confused He hasn't always been sick after feeds,just the last few days,which makes me wonder if it's something he's allergic too or if he's maybe over feeding?

he used to feed from just the one side,but now he wants both at every feed,but he's been doing that for a couple of weeks and only been sick this last couple days,so not sure it's that?

Another thing that might be making him windy is the thrush,but would that make him sick? Confused Just been searching the net for answers,as it seems he will settle,but after a little while,something disturbs him,like a pain maybe and then he's awake again.

I couldn't really tell if he had a bug/diarrhea because his stools are always runny anyway.x

LilMissPea
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
Just need a litle advice .
BF has beeen going really well she has started occassionally taking both boobs instead of just 1.
I want 2 start expressing 2 build up my supply so i can stop a week 2 take a medication thats been put off 4 nearly a year now what with pregnancy. Then i want OH 2 be able 2 give her a bedtie bottle of my milk.
Question is, when do i express?? after feeds, in between, once, or several times!? i haven't got a clue. iwasexpressing when she had jaundice and was expressing every 3hours but dont want 2 do it that often again.

CHEERS!!
xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, i normal express in the morning when i have the most milk its suppose to be the fulliest and richest in the morning too. Its just when they are really full.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
LilMissPea
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Char,
do you do it before your morning feed?
millys feed time changes most mornings so not sure when would be best.
i tried expressing last night, milly has dropped a feed, she has1 at 8 when she goes 2 bed and used 2 have another at 10, i got 4oz all together. Smile

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
No i give noah a breast and express the other one Very Happy i get 4oz out of my one breast in the morning.
Normally when we get up at i do it, but unfortunately noah is getting up 3 times a night at the mo for a feed and his draining my boobies lol.
I have just started to introduce a afternoon formula bottle now to start weaning him off so he can go straight onto follow on at 6 months.
Keep up the expressing hun and ur supply will build up, if i express noah only takes 3oz of it so i express 3oz at a time . Even when LO has a nap express then too
Good luck

Char

LilMissPea
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks CHARnNOAH,
Milly's feeds have gone completely haywire at the mo, she feeding every 2-4hrs with no rhyme or reason so i haven't been able to express as i dont know when she going 2 want a feed and i;m worried she won't get enough.
I'm hoping her times settle again and then i can express around her feeds and get a routine going.
Congrats 4 getting 2 6months, i'm really hoping i can too Very Happy

NIx1972
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi all,

hoping someone can help/ offer some advice to us! I'm bf Toby (he's 24 days old) and he's latching on ok, but then wriggles so much it hurts - he attaches well but then fights and twists his head (so my nipple/ boob too - ouch! Shocked ) any tips for positions to feed in to avoid this? I've been using the "rugby ball" position so far with him under my arm as my c section scar is still so sore.

hoping someone can help as this is turning what should be a lovely experience into a nightmare!
Nix
xxx
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun,

I found the mothercare own feeding pillow a great help with positioning. It was 22 but well worth it.

Char

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone had their LO scream at their breast during feeding?

He does it on both sides and I've no idea what is wrong with him. He is fine in every other way?
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Could be colic minxy - is it after about 2-5mins being OK and then coming off screaming? You can try infacol or colief, on presciption - health visitor could offer some advice. Things like your diet and keeping hydrated can be a factor, and gentle massage / cycling motion for legs / warm bath can help for baby xx
Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Well thankfully whatever it was seems to have passed. I can't stop worrying that I don't have enough milk for him. It's something my mum has put in my head as she gave up BF at six weeks when she has me and my older sister.

Thanks for the help x
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Minxi hun

Glad to hear things have settled down now Smile was going to suggest either colic or maybe reflux.is he sick at all?

As for not having enough milk,as long as he is gaining weight nicely,then he's getting enough hun don't worry Very Happy

If you really think your supply is low though,there are lots of things you can do to increase it but it's not necessary if your supply is ok hun.

try this site,it's fab

www.kellymom.com xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hey all,anyone have any tips for dealing with a fussy baby when it comes to feeding?

Just lately he's started being really fussy with his feeds,he must be hungry but he doesn't seem very interested,and he's especially fussy with my right side.

Also,I never feel like my breasts are very full anymore and I wonder if my supply is low,would that make him fussy?

He was weighed today,first time in 5 weeks and he's only put on just over a lb,so he's gone below the line he was following now Sad

I always said I would carry on as long as I was happy and he was healthy and gaining weight well,but I feel like a bit of a failure with his weight not being enough today.I want to try and up my supply and see if it helps,but I don't know where to start.

Flapjacks is all I've tried,and other oaty things.I went to buy fennel tea,but I don't think tesco sells it?not sure what else to try?

I really don't want to give up feeding,but I don't like the thought of him being hungry and not putting enough weight on.x

EMJ86
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies.
Has anyone got any tips for soothing sore nipples? Mine are so dry and cracked atm and really sore until Verity is feeding properly. My HV watched me feeding and said she's latching properly it's just a case of waiting until they toughen up but I thought they would be better by now. I am using lansinoh cream after every feed but they are still red raw Sad any tips would be great.

Great thread btw...I'm going to have a read though and see what tips and advice you guys have come up with so far. Very Happy

Liz x

njose
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 pm 
Post subject: A proven method for increasing breast milk supply-Fenugreek.
A proven method for increasing breast milk supply:

Eat sprouted fenugreek. Yoy can buya packet of it from an Indian cash n carry shop. It will last so long.

Soak 2 - 3 table spoon of fenugreek in water . you can either eat a spoon of it next day or leave it to sprout, When sprouted , you can keep it in fridge.

take one or two teaspoon sprouted fenugreek while having your meals, (can eat with anything)

This is a proven methos to increase breast milk supply. continue enjoying this sprouted food
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to:  

Community

Popular