toddler naps

stressedout
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject: toddler naps
My Grace is 22 mos old and is starting to not want to take her naps. When she does she is great...2-2.5 hours. I have been leaving her to cry for up to 45 min and it seems to work but it's hard on me emotionally to do this. Clearly she is tired or showing signs of wanting to nap. Any suggestions of how to keep naps going until she is at least 3 years old?

Stressed Out
emkeljan
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, ti be honest I think up to 2.5 hrs is a bit long for a nap. Ive a little girl thats 2, and wen she about 18 months, she no longer showed intrest in naps so I left her. She is in a very gud routine. We get up2gether at 7am she gets breakfast, washed and changed, and has learning time, then at 1:30pm she gets dinner, then playtime or we go on a walk, then at 4pm she has her tea, gets her pjs on and is in bed 4 da night for 6:30 pm. since she was 3 months she has slept through the night. I really wouldnt worry about naps. if you want time 2 your self, get your daughter in to a gud routine and tou will.
carriedoneer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
thats a really long nap. my kids never napped that long and were fine. as long as shes getting 11 hours total, i wouldnt worry. try two naps. One thing ive learned is you can never force a child to nap and at a certain age it sometimes interferes with night sleep. peopleare wrong to think you need a long nap to be effective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular