Problems with teeth

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:16 pm 
Post subject: Problems with teeth
I understand that during pregnancy, ur hormones cause ur gums to weaken and can allow the teeth to become sensitive and feel as though they are wobbly.
Well During my pregnancy, rite from the very begining I had problems with this matter! My teeth became very sensitive and i was very aware of them, constant fiddling with them by my tongue and as a result of this my gums used to bleed.
After seeing the demtist, he assured me it was just hormones and perfectly normal and that after having my son, they would settle down back to normal.

10months on, my teeth are exactly the same!! They constantly hurt and cause me to have toothache, EVERYDAY! which then results to me getting bad headaches!
I have been back to the dentist several times and have had x rays and them checked over and he says there is nothing wrong!???

Has anyone else had problems with their teeth?
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
Yes, i suffered for a year, but i remember after my daughter was born i suffered such bad toothache and couldnt take anything because i was brest feeding, Also you dont say whether you breast feeding or not, cos that can make a huge difference, becuase your hormones are still not back to normal. Good luck, i know what you going through. Maybe try some sort of a teething gel, might help. Get better soon Very Happy
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Shevvi, No im not breastfeeding lewis has been bottle fed since birth!
The tooth ache is awful! Iv tried different tooth pastes and mouth washes and bottle brushes etc but still got constant pain!
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Are you getting enough calcium in your diet... i know during pregnancy baby will take a lot of the calcium you take in and this can lead to teeth problems and decay..

.. I'm not sure about the sensitive teeth though?? sorry?? Confused
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i drink a lot of milk and its been over a year that ive had problems with my teeth! does my head in x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular