Work and benefits

FarzandRose
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am 
Post subject: Work and benefits
Hiya, just wondered if anyone could help me.
We claim tax credits and housing allowance at the moment. OH has just started work for an agency doing labouring type of work. The trouble is its never guaranteed work and he can work 20hours one week and 40 the next.
So, i need to let tax credits and housing know, but on all the forms they ask what hours you work, your gross income etc. So what do i put?? Confused
FarzandRose
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone Confused
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry hun I dont know, why dont you give the tax credit helpline a call and ask them. Its all so complicated isnt it, and you dont want to end up owing them money, give them a call, hopefully they can tell you whats best xx

southwest
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
altho my partner has guarenteed 39 hrs a week(well he does now,was a nightmare a few months ago)we still entitled to tax credits and some help with our rent.He was up and down a few months back(when recession first hit)3 days some weeks than maybe four Rolling Eyes so i took an a weekly wage based on the highest hrs a week,which was the four days and multiplied by 52.If after a while(i'd say a month or two)he's only doing the least amount i would give tax credits a ring and tell them hrs have changed and lower your estimated income for tthe yr.Don't worry about doing this,we did it so many times the last financial yr.we had no idea if we was coming or going,infact they sent a letter to employer to check that so many changes had occured over that period Confused As for council, i just kept providing his weekly payslips until he stabled at the 39hrs.They just keep taking an average over the weeks.Hope this helps xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular