March 2011 Mummies with list

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like your Savannah is a little bit traumatised by her sudden entrance into the world. Swaddle her to help her sleep, helps to stop the startle reflex. If she doesn't settle at all try cranial osteopathy I used it with my first one after forceps. Have considered it for this one, but so far with swaddling and fairly regimented feeding I don't seem to have too bad nights. The only day I wasn't religiously feeding every 3 hours during the day I had a terrible night. But last nigth got back into swing of things and she went 4 hours between feeds. Helped me to catch up a bit as I was cream crackered. If I have another good night might send my mum home!
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
We have been doing well since that disaster of a first night! I think it was just the fact that she was in a new place and was trying to settle in. She really is such a good girl. During the night she will go nearly the full 4 hours, I normally have to wake her to feed her though as she won't wake herself. I don't think she knows that she's hungry to wake herself up.

Also during the day I mostly have to wake her every 3 hours if she doesn't wake herself so she can get the feeds in. We sometimes have a bit of trouble attaching, but I think we're getting better at it now. I just have to keep prodding her to wake her up so she'll drink more!

I was a little worried as the midwife came the day before yesterday and she had only put on 10 grams since leaving hospital, but at that stage I didn't know to wake her to feed her and so now I know that we're getting more milk into her so hopefully today's weigh in will go better!!

The hospital should tell new mothers that their babies shouldn't go longer than 3 hours during the day and 4 at night! If I had known that then I don't think I would have had this problem in the first place! Am I meant to be a mind reader? lol. Anyway, now I do know and so we are going to be doing better I think!
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
I have had my baby and im team blue Very Happy

Wee baby Leigham was born on his due date Sunday 27th March at 1.46pm weighing 7lbs 6 an a half oz

will do birth story when i get a chance Smile

Cheryl xx
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations cheryl!!

Hope your little girl is good with to!

x x

StephieWheps
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:43 am 
Post subject:
Congrats Cheryl! Hope everything is going smoothly for you!

Wish I could burp Savannah... sometimes she will but other times she'll be so fast asleep from feeding that she won't burp which leads to stomach aches which are no fun with her screaming. Sad But I know things will settle in time. I wish it would happen sooner though rather than later!
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
hey Smile
how is every1 and their little bundles?

We are doing great, kayley is the doting big sister and Leigham is doing fantastic 4oz bottle every 4 hours, he is so content and just perfect Very Happy im still on cloud 9

I have done my ba and put up a few pics of my gorgeous prince Very Happy

looking forward to my wedding anniversry on the 16th April Very Happy

Cheryl xx
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:08 am 
Post subject:
Aww thats fab Kayley is being so good! Archie is being fab with Charlotte although keeps trying to pick her up Sad

Thats great he is taking 4oz 4 hourly!!

Charlotte does great in the day taking between 4-5oz 3-4 hourly but at night takes 2oz and passes out so is then up again in 2 hours, just don't know how to sort it.

x x

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
We have been having that problem too. I've had only one good night in last 10 days. Although she is finally taking a bit more at each feed and she has had her first osteopath appointment (apparently considering her dramatic entrance her head is not too bad but her ribs and diapragm are all out of line so that probably explains the horrendous hiccups). I am really pleased that she now weighs 6lb 13oz.
The other 2 have to be restrained to stop them mauling her too much, and have had a real break through with my step daughter to be. She wanted to come and see me on mothers day to wish me happy mothers day! Got to love her, especially as when she went back to her mum she was full of it.
Still majorly stressed, as OH has still not managed to get a job, if that doesn't happen we will not be able to extend his house and that will put our plans to move in together in August on hold and the wedding. He is really down and I am tired so its not makng for the best of relationships at the moment but I am trying to boost him up as best I can. We will get through this we have got through far worse!
Mutnefer
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
ive not been doing to well, the little one has acid reflux so shes in great discomfort and spits up her food, she is putting on weight though so that is a relief but hate seeing her in pain and there isnt anything i can really do. She feeds little and often no longer than 10 mins on a occasion its been 15, she wakes up every 2 hours through the night and fights her sleep in the day so I have a very overtired baby. I hate seeing her fight her sleep, never seen anything like it. Anyone got any tips. Ive been to the doctor and they have given me baby gaviscon it helps with the spitting up.

Hope everyone is well and enjoy your weekends and the nice weather.
CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised hope every1 and their little monsters are all well but ca you beleive that next month our babies will be 1 Question

growing up way 2 fast if u aske me:cry: where has the past year gone:?:

xx
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I know, 2 weeks til my little one's first birthday. And considering how small she was at birth she has more than made up for it 26lbs at last weigh! Cruising the furniture, but not sure about letting go. Chatty, mum, dad, hiya and brummmmm when she sees a car, or is pushing anything along the floor. I just really wish she would sleep all night and that I had not been so poorly that I don't really appreciate these milestones as I know this is the last one. Still not married, OH only been working for a few weeks and going back into the army very shortly (but then we have to get married to get housed) and considering all the bad times we have been through its a wonder we have managed to withstand it, but somehow we have.
CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
hello ladies, how are you and your lovely families doing. i jus sat and read through the post. i cant beleieve our babies are 2 :O its flew in. we are doing well and ive had another, eoghan was born 28/8/2012 17months after leigham and they are fab together and kayley whose no 7 adores them both.

i really hope you are all well

Cheryl x
Page 16 of 16

Jump to:  

Community

Popular