March 2011 Mummies with list

xAngelx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations Mac88, what a lovely birth story Smile sooo jealous I want the birth overwith so much! love the name Alfie too

I saw on general pregnancy that 'NyandAnil' has had her baby as well

xx

CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:33 am 
Post subject:
hi ladies, hope we are all well and not 2 fed up yet Smile

congratulations on the birth of baby Alfie mac88 sounds like you had a great labour and a fab birth Very Happy

Im offically 37 weeks so now classed as full term yay Smile since my episode the other day, I have not been to the loo for a poo since (sorry tmi) Embarassed is this normal? I cant remember with DD.

I seduced DH last night and made sure I got what I wanted Laughing Im on birthing ball every daya and night plus drinking 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day as I really dont want 2 be over due. The 1st sign I had with DD was my plug came away wed night into thurs morning then thurs night into fri morning waters broke and had her fri afternoon, is this the way it always happens? Im obbsesive checking the loo every time i go for a wee just incase Laughing

had a lovley day yday visiting family in Glasgow Smile my back is in agony today and gettin lots of BH still, Im so impatient think al go mad if I end up overdue lol, 2day Im just tidying up and doing the washing then when DH finished work we are goig to our friends house for dinner Smile

xx
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am 
Post subject:
So... I had my 37 week appointment at the hospital today. They were running over an hour late, which was annoying. Just sitting there with nothing to do except play on my phone or read.

Anyway, the doctor was saying that everything was going well, but, I read the notes afterwards and it says she's now 4/5 engaged, not 5/5!!! It got me really excited cos it means she finally moving down!

Now I have to see my GP weekly, and I have an appointment at the hospital in 3 weeks if I haven't delivered by then. I'm still hopefull she might be early though. Very Happy

But I just had to share about the 4/5 thing.. Very Happy Cos it really excited me! hehe
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
I know I'm not at due date yet, but I've been contracting on and off since sunday, I've had my show, my bottom feels full even though I have had diarrhoea and I can't take another sleepless night. I've got rid of the kids and just want things to happen. I have been up and down the stairs, rocking everything to try and keep this thing going!
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
I've had my baby!! A gorgeous baby girl 7lb 2oz on 9th March. Went for appointment with midwife &ended up being sent to hospital for an induction as baby wasn't growing aswell, 5hrs later she was born!!
So chuffed!
How's everyone else? Anyone else popped yet??!! Xx

CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
awwww congrats angel, u must be thrilled Very Happy
has she got a name, hipe 2 read ur birth story when u have a chance to write it Smile

im still hangin in there,16days till due date but BH are def stronger and back pain is murder so fingers crossed my lo will be here soon Smile

good luck to every1 else still waiting and i am looking forward to all the birth stories and piccys of all your gorgeous babies Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

xxx
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 am 
Post subject:
Still waiting... not so patiently. I've had nausea on and off since yesterday afternoon. BH have been getting stronger over the last 2 days as well. Haven't had my show yet though. But I'm hoping that things are starting to happen.

I don't think I can last another 2 weeks, or 4 if she decides to stay in there longer and I have to be induced. I'm feeling really uncomfortable, still having trouble sleeping, even with the tablets I've been taking.
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Awwww congratulations to those that have their babies!!! I can't tell you how jealous I am!!

Currently 5 days over Sad and to say I am a miserable cow is an understatement!!

Tried everything now on rasberry leaf tea, tried pineapple, tried 3 curries even did the rudies Shocked and nothing not a blinking twinge.

So fed up!!

Had Archie the docs again as he still aint to well so up in the night and really clingy, things just aint going the way I wanted.

Going out walking again with my mum tommorrow, really hope things start moving!

Do you think she knows she hasn't got a name yet and her bedroom isn't finished being decorated??!! Or is she just plain lazy lol!
I am also getting terrified how big she is gonna be, they calculated from growth scans 7-8lb so an extra couple of weeks she might be over 9lb thats nearly Archie and a half Shocked and it was hard work getting him out.

x x

StephieWheps
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 am 
Post subject:
Hey guys! This could be it!! My contractions at the moment are about 10 mins apart, but getting stronger. Rang the hospital who said if your coping at home then stay there until they are 5 mins apart and just to call before going in. I'm getting excited because although the pain is bad already I'm so ready to meet Savannah!
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am 
Post subject:
Awww I am so jealous!!! Feel like everyone is having their babies and I am just sat waiting still!!

Hope it continues and all goes well x x

Mutnefer
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hey guys hope your all well congrats to those who have had there little ones. And to those that havent wish you all the best for the labour.

I had my little girl on Friday 11 cant believe its going to be a week tomorrow. She weighed 7lb 12oz.

I had a great birth, started contractions at 4:50am went to my parents house at 12:00 with my husband as they live nearer the hospital by 19:00 was in agony called the birth center they told me to wait until i had 3 to 4 contractions in 10mins and to have a bath to help. As soon as I came off the phone I had 4 contractions in 10mins. I had a bath and was in there for 30 mins and started feeling pressure in my bottom. Called back the birth center and they told me to come in.

Took 10 mins to get to the hospital when I got there I was 10cm dilated and ready to push, took an hour to push with just gas and air and my little angel was born.

Unfortunately baby never latched on properly so had very chapped nipples so couldnt breastfeed and had to give her formula for 2 days whilst my nipples healed, but as a result my poor angel got a lot of wind/colic from the bottle, last night was awful she was in so much pain. I was able to start breastfeeding again yesterday with the help of the community midwife. Today baby seems a lot better so im so happy. I had been so anxious that I couldnt breastfeed that was my biggest fear during the pregnancy rather than the labour, but now I can breastfeed such a big weight of my mind.

We have named her Nefer Bernadine James (Nefer pronounced Ner-fair, meaning beautiful in Egyptian).

All the best everyone and look forward to hearing more birth stories
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
I had my little girl the early hours of tuesday morning, she arrived in a very dramatic way, I had an abruption and the cord was wrapped twice around her neck and around her body too.
She is gorgous but a little small, I thhink she stopped growing when i first started contracting. Looks jsut like a doll. So good though. My family is complete. We had our first night at home last night, my OH stayed and he got up to her every time during the night. I felt so much better this morning.
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
Aww congratulations xAngelx, what have you called her?

Can't believe Alfie is over 2 weeks old now already, its been the best 2 weeks of my life and wouldn't change a thing Very Happy

Congratulations to everyone else who has had their little ones and to those who are still waiting, it won't be long now until you meet your precious little baby. Good luck all and lots of love xxx
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:39 am 
Post subject:
So it was labour the other time I posted! It was a 12 hour labour overall, so not too bad. The thing is, I did it all without pain relief! My contractions were about 5 mins apart when we arrived at the hospital, there weren't any beds in the birth suite and so we were in the observation area for awhile. I wasn't coping very well with the pain, they checked me at 12am and I was 4cm dilated and was transferred to the birth, suite then. I was screaming and wanted the epidural as soon as we got over to the birth suite, and so they got everything set up to get it done but I was pushing during the contractions at that stage, I couldn't help it.

The midwife decided to check how dilated I was before getting the epi, and I was fully dilated. This all happened in under an hour! So she told me if I wanted to push then push! so I did. she told me I was doing really well, but then in one push she saw the head and told me to be gentle, not to push but I had to push again, and she was born!! The midwife wasn't even there to catch her, she landed on the bed!! And so Savannah was born on Thursday morning at 1:45am, weighing in at 6.6 pounds, or 3030 grams for me being an Aussie. Hehe.

I have 2nd degree tearing because of the fact that she came out so fast, it was almost 3rd degree and would have required surgery but they managed to stitch me up in the birth suite. The pain isn't that bad.

We left the hospital yesterday afternoon. She had a really bad night last night, wouldn't settle. It felt like I was feeding her constantly from 10:30pm - 3am. Every time it looked like she was asleep, I tried to wrap her and put her down, and she'd stay down for a minute or 2 and then wake up again. She was getting out of her wrap as well. I managed to get her down at 6am this morning after a feed and she stayed asleep for a few hours and so at least I got some sleep.

I just hope tonight might be a better one. I have my sister in law coming around this afternoon. She has a 4 months old so I'm hoping she can help me out. Well I better go!

I absolutely love her to death and I feel so blessed!
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations to all the ladies who have had their little bundles Very Happy

I had my 38 week app on the 17th and everything is well with me and baby, mw said that head is not fully engaged yet but not to worry as some 2nd babies dont properly engage until in labour so fingers crossed the wee monkey gets a move on Smile

I have been booked in for 41 week app on the 31st of march at which point we will discuss a sweep maybe for 1st april as this is earliest it can be done Sad im not entirely sure how I feel about it 2bh, has any1 else had 1, did it help bring labour on? I was 8 days late with dd and had no sweep so can i refuse until i feel ready or is it better getting done when mw suggests it?

it dh's birthday 2moz and evry1 keeps saying how lovely it would be for him to get an extra special delivery, yeah I know that but cant force the baby out Laughing Laughing

Hope we are all well and every1 whos is still waiting, keep your chins up, wont be long and we will all have our lo's Very Happy

Cheryl xx
Page 15 of 16

Jump to:  

Community

Popular