Scared Single Mum

Jodz12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:47 pm 
Post subject: Scared Single Mum
Hi Every1

Im only 7 weeks pregnant and has come as a bit of a shock to me as i was on the pill. Ive havnt told the father yet as i know exactly how that conversation is going to go. I met him while i was away on holiday he isnt even from the same part of the country as me and he has been working abroad for about 4 years. Does anyone have any advice on how i should tell him?

Also anyone who knew they would be single parent from the start (with the dad not being involved) How did you feel? Im just so terrified i do a horrible job on my own Sad Sad

Any adivce would be great. Thanks

xxx
RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Didn't want to read and run, just hope it goes okay. Be open and honest and maybe he'll want some contact with your baby Smile
I didn't realise I'd be a single mum really until she was born despite moving out of my home at 5 months pregnant! Have you told any family or friends, I'm sure you'll get support from someone even if it's not the baby's father, like your mum or something Smile
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
I agree to be honest with the babies dad Hun, I never expected to be a single mum to my first child never mind having to go through it again now with two children.
It's not an easy stress free life but you will be fine I promise! You will automatically do the best job that you can when the baby is here. And your best is absolutly fine! Don't put too much pressure on yourself!

Being a mummy Is the best thing I've ever don't in my whole life! My boys are my world! And although I may nit be able to buy them everything in the land They need nothing and they have all the love in the world!

Good luck! X
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
I absolutely love being a single mum!! Although it would be lovely to have that little bit of extra help and a proper little family, the bond me and Alfie has is unbelievable and it's great watching him asleep in bed at the end of the day and knowing i've done this all on my own Very Happy

I'm not going to lie, it is hard at times but it is so totally worth it. You'll cope, you have no other choice, you just do it Smile

Tbh i found it harder being pregnant and single than i found it when he was actually here Confused

Have you got family around to help out? My mum has Alfie every Friday or Saturday night which is great and the lie in is amazing Laughing

Good luck hun and if you ever want to chat just PM me!

Tashuur
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun. me and my LOs dad was never in a relationship it was just a fling that ended in me being pregnant, so i knew from the beginning i would be doing it alone. i did however tell him a few days after i found out and had time to get my head around it

it was a shock to him and he did say exactly what you expect them to say (that theyre not interested and that you should have an abortion, im not ready to be a dad i cnt look after myself let alone a baby) but at the end of the day you have to grow up someday he's 24 for god sake anyone would think he was 16 LOL - he's too busy partying and not buying anything for his daughter

he says now that he wants to be apart of her life but actions speak louder than words. I am sh*t scared of doing this alone but i would be more scared if i wasnt worried about it.
i can only give her 100% and i plan on doing that

hope it all works out for you xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular