REAY REALLY need some advice please.. my lil man growin up?!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:52 pm 
Post subject: REAY REALLY need some advice please.. my lil man growin up?!
ok, well i was cleaning scotts bedroom ( he does it, but not to my standard Embarassed )
and one of his activity books was on the floor, so i picked it up and he had drawn a picture of a naked lady! Shocked
lol i did giggle to myself at first, but should i be concerned? he has literally just turned 8!
i closed the book, and it had written on the front cover "dont look insdie!" lol
is this just a part of growing up and curiosity? shud i talk to him about it?
i had a VERY sheltered childhood, so this really isnt the kinda thing i experienced!
any help/advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated!!
Very Happy xXx
lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing bless him! dont worry, its normal. when your oh comes home, you might want him to have 'the talk' with him though. boys find it too embarrassing having that chat with their mums, ive found Laughing
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
I don't have children that age but I would say its nothing to be worried about - its not like he's drawn something happening to the lady or her getting hurt or anything. He might just be very interested as you are PG and wonder all about that. I'd maybe just check thou where he has seen a naked lady - in case he has seen any film or magazines he shouldn't.
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
lol jane this is what i was thinkin!! but he has seen me in the bath - no privacy!! lol and obviously having a 3 yo sister - shes usually naked!! Lol
Lalena, i tried askin his dad, but he just started laughing, and he sed he cant coz he wud end up takin the mick out of him Mad which, obviously is summin i dont want!!
so i should just wait until March when OH comes home? x
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
I'd wait til your OH back maybe but just have a snoop every now and again. You could say to all the kids if they want to know anything about the baby and whats happening they could ask. x
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
thats not very supportive is it Confused dont suppose he'd prefer to do the periods/where babies come from with you daughter eh? Laughing
you could do a random 'do you have any questions about the baby coming' conversation, covering the differences between men and women in a very roundabout way, but your oh will still have to prepare himself, because some questions are simply easier to ask another guy than a mum, be it their dad, an uncle or whatever x
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
lol we did ask how babies get into my tummy - when he was 4! lol n i just told him that tom put a seed in there n it grows into a baby - he has never asked anymore since - until the other day - me, my son and my dad were in the car and him n my dad had a lil convo:
Scott - "grandad, did u know mummy has got a baby in her tummy?"
Dad - "has she?"
Scott - "yeah, Tom sneaked in while she was asleep n put a seed into her tummy"
paused for a min "muuuum, how did tom get his seed into your tummy? did you have to swallow it?"
lol at this my dad choked n i cuddnt stop laughing!!
but i told him i would talk to him about it when he got home, but he hasnt sed anything since, and i hadnt thought about it until now!
Lalena, my Eldest has a diff dad from the others, and no, with that kind of thing he is far from supportive!! lol - he is still like a lil kid himself ( when scott broke his arm, they were sitting in the hosp, having farting competition!! )
but yeh, ill wait until the younger ones r in bed n ill talk to him abiut the baby, n see if he wants to talk about anythin, dont wana embarrass him obviously!! and then wait TIl OH is home n he can talk to him properly about "boy stuff!" lol my time will come when its my daughter askin! lol xXx

Rolling Eyes
lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
omg i'd have been pmsl! glad my oh never been asked that, he wouldnt be able to stop himself from saying swallowing is how to not have a baby Embarassed
Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
I am really dreading having to talk about this stuff with Lucy! My Mum (and Dad) made it so cripplingly embarrassing, I can still hardly talk about anything like that! Don't want to do that with her, but I am hoping having lambs, calves and the occasional puppy born, might make her more worldly wise than me.

Good luck loola!!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am 
Post subject:
lol well i didnt exactly have "the talk" with him, but i did just casually mention it, i told him that i saw his pictures he drew, and that they were very good lol, but why were they naked? n he said " i dont know hot to draw clothes!!" Rolling Eyes
lol so i sed dont be silly of course u know how to draw clothes, so how comes ur drawinf people naked? n he just got a lil embarrassed n sed tha he just wanted to so i just oh ok then n left it at that lol i didnt wana push him too much, n i didnt wan him to feel like its a huge deal! n like i sed ill let OH talk to him properly when he comes home Smile
lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am 
Post subject:
oh god love him Laughing poor lil fella, too cute though Very Happy xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular