Random acts of kindness from strangers

Marien
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 pm 
Post subject: Random acts of kindness from strangers
Hi. Has anyone experienced complete strangers being really nice whilst pregnant? I was in WHSmith buying books for hospital yesterday and the lady at the till took one look at my bump (I am 38 weeks) and said "You can have 20% off with my staff discount love, it's my present to you" - I didn't even know her but was so touched I nearly cried! Then she told me to go home and put my feet up! Loads of people have been nice lately, coming up and giving me useful advice, holding open doors, letting me jump the queue for the loo (and I got a discount in Next too!) etc. It restored my faith in humanity and made me think this might not be the worst world to bring a baby into! I thought it would be nice to hear other people's stories about unexpected niceness. Very Happy
becnichs
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
How lovely! I wish I had some stories like that! Where do you live, I want to move there?!
Bec x

NicolaOasis
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
what a lovely lady, i wish there was more people like her xx
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
When I was pregnant an old lady tried to give me her seat on the but I wouldn't let her there were all these young people all deliberatly avoiding my glares!
Some people are lovely when you're pregnant though
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject: Lovely little girl
I live in Sussex and it IS a nice place to live! I thought it would be mostly older people who'd be considerate but at the swimming pool the other day I was chatting to this lady and her little girl (about 7 or 8 yrs old) came up to me with a glass of water she'd been and got for me with no prompting from anyone - what a sweetie!
becnichs
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Right, that's it. OH and I were hoping to move to Devon, but I think I'll try to persuade him to go to Sussex now! lol
Bec x

Marien
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Devon is great too though! I used to live in Kingsbridge (South Devon) and Bump's Godparents live there (not in Kingsbridge, nearby) so we go there often. It is lovely and people are VERY friendly there too! Plus better beaches than Sussex, though I love Brighton for shopping and going out and would be really torn if I had to make a choice! Whereabouts in Devon were you hoping to move to?
becnichs
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
Near the sea, probably Sidmouth as it would be a safe first move because we already know it so well. I'm desperate to get away from where I am (Hemel Hempstead). We accidently set up camp here due to work, but now I'm having to think of schools etc... I really want to be somewhere I want to stay and raise our kids. Once you're in the schooling system it's difficult to take the kids out. Cross fingers we'll be making the big move in about 2 years. xxx

Marien
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Sidmouth is really nice. I'll keep 'em crossed for you xx Very Happy
becnichs
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. Nice chatting to you marien.xxx

Marien
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, sorry Bec I meant to say nice chatting to you too but my Dad's computer died sorry (I use his I don't have one at my house!) xx It is working now but hubby is nagging me to go home Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular