Help with 3 1/2 month baby girl

Scott
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:35 am 
Post subject: Help with 3 1/2 month baby girl
Hi all!
Our baby girl is 3 1/2 months old now and will only go to sleep when breast feeding!
we have a set bed time routine, but she is just so used to falling asleep on the boob that we cant put her down awake!
when she goes down asleep, she normally wakes within the hour and has to be resettled on the boob! (bad habit we know!!!!) we are currently also in the processs of training her to sleep in her cot rather than the moses basket - could this be contributing to the problem?????
we tried the controlled crying thing last night for the 1st time but after 2 hours of crying we gave in - what is a reasonable lenght of time to carry on for?

Sorry if ive rambled - its the tiredness!!!!! thanks.
Anne2477
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject: I need help also
Hiya,

I am also in the same position and am glad that I am not the only one who has bad habits. My 3 month old baby boy will sleep from rocking or on the breast. I have tried feeding him the bottle at night but he refuses it and will only take the breast. He is therefore waking every 2 hours. I am on my own so he has been in bed with me for ease when breast feeding, but I would like to get him in his cot and sleeping more at night. My sister suggested leaving a nightie in his cot so he can smell me still, but this didn't work when I tried it at a month old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular