hello all

tournesol
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject: hello all
Hi

I've just joined because I'm searching the internet for the signs and symptoms of pregnancy and came across this. As I can't discuss this with anyone close to me other than my boyfriend I can at least share my thoughts with you.

I came off the pill last month, thus I don't know the length of my normal cycle because it's been pill regulated for the last 2-3 years. I'm now on day 32 since my last period. I took a test on monday but it was afternoon and came out negative, probably just too soon and I drink a lot of water & teas.

I don't have many symptoms, bloating, headaches, and slight dizziness, that's about it, nothing concrete. It's been almost 3 weeks now since ovulation. I usually have really bad periods and I'm not feeling tired or heavy etc as I usually would before my period is due (or the desire to eat everything in the fridge!). Smile

The waiting is painful after the negative but how much longer do I leave it before I try again?

Tournesol
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
I have not been on the pill so cannot offer any advice about it how it affects you as some people come off and get pregnant straight away whereas for others it seems to take a while. However, If you are pregnant your hormone doubles every 2-3 days, so you could try again tommorrow with the first urine of the day (when it will probably be at the strongest) . How long have your cycles been? If you are definately longer now than you have been before and suspect pregnancy it sounds like it would definately be worth retesting. Fingers crossed you get a positive soon.

tournesol
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi
Thanks for getting back to me.

I've always been regular on the pill, 28 day cycle. I'm not sure whether it's long because my body is readjusting. the strange thing is that my ovulation was definitely 2 weeks after my last period started. I had a slight bleed about 2 days before I thought I'd get my period again (working on the 28 day cycle) but it was slight and only there after sex.
I'll go and get another test and try it again tomorrow morning. Every day I say to my boyfriend, tomorrow my period is coming, and it doesn't!

He thinks if I've got pregnant this soon that he's superman!!! Laughing

Will let you know in the morning.
Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi you,

I'd been on the pill for about 11 or 12 years, and like you had a really regular cycle. Once I came off it, things were really messed up, and only settled down after about a year! I was having cycles between 26 and 56 days! On the plus side, my periods were lighter, and less painful without the pill. I also stopped getting headaches and stomach cramps. Odd - the pill is suppose to reduce symptoms!

A friend of mine who'd also been on the pill for several years got pregnant 2 months after she stopped taking it (although I remember her saying her cycle was also well out), so I guess we're all different.

Hope all goes how you want it
xx
tournesol
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
56 days? That's incredible. I hope I'm not waiting for the next 2 weeks for my period, I'll be a nervous wreck.

Thanks for letting me know, it helps to know that my cycle could be messed up for a while and I'll just wait and see what happens. I'll try a test again tomorrow and if it's negative again I'll just conclude that I need to wait.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
maybe u shud do it first thign in the morning in a couple of days as i u r pregnant hcg levels increase every day.

kates23
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:33 pm 
Post subject:
hi i came off the pill in june and am experiencing the same things, i have been bloated for about a week, backache, cramps etc and i never ge them when af is due, i usually dont have any symptoms at all and only know about af when i go to toilet!!
the only answer you will find is 'everyone is different' and thats because it's true, i believe i was lucky and had a 28 day cycle but i know someone who is different every month,
are you going to do another test??
good luck
x
Ilovepink
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Turnesol,

I'm in the same boat as well!

Just joined about a month ago but been on holiday so not had time to chat.

I came off the pill in June and was used to 28 day cycle. My first cycle since then was 32days and this time it was 35 days (AF came today what a bummer!). I think I convinced myself I had all the symtoms but at least I can have fun TTC for the next month.

Let me know how u get on.

x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular