almost 7 weeks since last period

CardiffMummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject: almost 7 weeks since last period
hi ladies,

me and my partner are trying for a baby, and i have been off the pill since last june, but still no luck Sad

my periods got back to being regualr about 2 months after we stopped the pill, but now i am late! it has been 7 weeks since the beginning of my last period, and still no sign. during the xmas period, i was sick and signed off work for 3 days with nausea, sickness, headaches and tiredness etc so when i went to the docs, she asked if i could be pregnant...so she did a urine test and it came out negative, but at the time of the test, i wasn't actually late (i would have been in 3 days)

so, now i am late, but the docs test came out negative. i took another one yesterday and i can't really read it - the 2nd line is there but faint...do you think i could be pregnant but that there aren't enough hcG hormones yet to give a strong response on the test?

i have bought another 4 clearblue tests to do, but i'm scared to use them and it comes out negative - it's a lot of money for the disappointment Sad

thank you ladies

x
wishing4agirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:33 am 
Post subject:
It's sounds like there is a small possibility you could be. Sometimes there are not enough hormones to detect a pregnancy.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Leave it a week and do another test. Sounds like you might be pregnant to me.

Good luck and let us know xx
alibongo78
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, do the test. The doctors test are very unreliable. Any doctor will tell you that the tests they do are 'cheap' tests and that over the counter ones are miles more accurate.
I had a friend who done 4 tests as she could not beleive she was PG (I was with her). No matter how many times I told her she was PG (as you just do not get a false negative) she could not beleive it...

So she went to the docs.. they sent a sample away and it came back negative. She was distraught. It took her some convincing that she was preg. I took her to the docs and kicked up a real fuss. the doc failed to mention to her that their tests were basically [*@!#%*]. Remember it is the NHS. they can't afford the top of the range tests. Clear blu or first response are best tests to get. Clear blue do the digital ones whcih are just fab. If you are 7 weeks since LMP then I think there is a very good chance you are PG. Do another test...You may be surprised.

Let us know how you get on

Ali x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular