reversal of sterilisation

bikerbabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 pm 
Post subject: reversal of sterilisation
Hi, like many others on the forum I was sterilised 6 yrs ago when I was unhappily married- I have now met the man of my dreams and we would like to have a child together (I have got a 16yr old but he has no children). My age is against me ( im 42) and I know I would have to pay privately. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon ?
julieg
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi to everyone,im very newcomer to this dont even know where to start,got sterlised 9yrs ago,looked in to getting it reversed,got doc app.2moz not sure what my doctor will say or even refer me,not sure how it all works.
PinkPrincess0981
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies
Welcome to the forum Very Happy
There is a fantastic thread in the trying to concieve forum about sterilisation reversal, it is currently over 50 pages long and all the wonderfull ladies who have had it done or are waiting to have it done you the thread daily and I'm sure they will be willing to answer any questions you may have about it, just pop a question onto the bottom of the thread Smile
Good luck to you both xx

Jude1969
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies. Welcome. You'll love it here. As well as excellent support and advice from everyone you'll also see we have a damned good laugh too.

Bikerbabe - where do you live? Im in Kent and have an excellent surgeon at the Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury. I had it done 2 months ago and its the best thing Ive ever done!!! (I'm 39 now and the odds are about 75% in my favour) It cost me 3,000 but the care & advice he gave has been 2nd to none so far. Going back tomorrow for follow up bloods just to ensure Im sitll ovulating properly.

Julie - my doc never batted an eyelid when I initially went to see him. He recommended my surgeon and wrote to him that day with a referal. I was in having my op within the month !!! If you have a good surgeon he should check both you and your partner thoroughly beforehand. ie sperm test for OH, bloods and scans for you. Providing they are all clear it shouldnt be a problem. IVF is another option but the success rate is something like 15% !!!

Hope all this helps

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular