Does any know .....

Mombec
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 am 
Post subject: Does any know .....
Anything about night terrors? My 6yr old son used to get them now and again but he's had them 4 nights this week. It's really starting to upset me as I can't leave him screaming and he's even walking around now. I heard him downstairs at 2 in the morning 1 night and he hates the dark, he was just stood in the living room. I just don't know what to do, my lo is getting woke up aswell. Does any of your kids have them or used to have them? xxxx

sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Hey Hun.....

my 9 yr old sleep walks but doesnt have night terrors all i have been told is to take her back to bed ...its an age thing so our gp says ......not sure about night terrors .....

best of luck

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
elephants
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
my lil girl gets them from time to time and i was told by doc once they have gone down to sleep go in after a hour and stir them from their slepp a bit. . . not fully wake them just stir them as apparently this is when they are in the deepest sleep?
hope it helps
jenshayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:52 am 
Post subject:
My son got them too around that age..but he mainly just slept walked thru out the house. I found out if he was stressed about something at school or in general he would be more prone to getting them and they would occur more frequently. He did grow out of it. We were told to guide him gently back to bed without waking him fully as it would startle them and could hurt himself or us. If he is screaming in his sleep..just gently wake him with a soft voice or put your arms on him and tell him - "mommy/daddy is here and everything is alright." It is really scary when you see them do it. Hope that helps hun. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular