RANDOM QUESTION! AM I LOOSING MY MIND??

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject: RANDOM QUESTION! AM I LOOSING MY MIND??
hi everyone!
Now im not sure weather i dreamt this or read it somewhere but im sure somewhere along the line i have been told that you shouldnt sleep on your back after wk 12 of pregnancy!
Have i lost the plot and got this wrong or is there some truth in it and why?
The thing is i am so comfortable on my back sleeping i cant see why it would be a problem... anybody?
cheers dawn x
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
well im stuffed then cuz i sleep on my back my front and my sides and im nearly 16 weeks
booter
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Dawn
You are fine to lye on your back at 12 weeks plus, infact make the most of it now as it is recommended that you stop lying on your back from week 30. This is because the baby is heavy enough at that stage to put pressure on one of your main blood vessels. I am 29+3 weeks currently and can only lye on my back for about 5 minutes before my legs start getting pins and needles.
All the best
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 am 
Post subject:
I was told not to lie on my back after the 18th week. I think it's a good idea to try to stop doing that now, so that you are in the habit of sleeping on your side by the time you're far enough along. I used to sleep on my back and my front all the time, but I'm starting to get more and more used to sleeping on my side every night.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 am 
Post subject:
please sleep how your comfortable

i cant sleep on my side because of my pelvis problems i sleep how im comfy i have done for my last 2 pregnancy's
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all the advice! now i feel like im not going mad.
dawn x
mrswolfbane
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
awww u arnt going mad huny jst sleep how ever is comfy for u really
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
i remember the post uve read dawn. someone was worried about sleeping on their back also.
how odd?? i have never heard of recommending that pregnant women dont sleep on their back. your body is very clever and would not let you sleep on your back if there was any danger, even when we're aleeep it controls what we do and it will make you turn over if it wasnt comfortable.
what booter says is correct though as baby gets bigger it can press on of your main veins (there are no main arteries in your back) and this can prevent the blood being carried back to the heart, bt try not to work about that too much because it is only a risk when a pregnant woman lies completely flat - if ur propped up with pillows it helps
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for that, i think i was slightly more worried because when i had an early scan at 8 wks they said i had a retroverted womb...
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
a retroverted womb means that urs tilts back instead of forward - its very rare but shouldnt really causeu any problems hun.

xx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
thanks, its amazing how some of the health proffessionals can really panic you out sometimes...i never worried at all with my daughter, but then it was 12 years ago so it must be my age!,
thanks for your help, i love this web site. xx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
no problem! glad to be of help.
thats wht we're here for hun. Very Happy
Dev
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 am 
Post subject:
dawnb wrote:
thanks, its amazing how some of the health proffessionals can really panic you out sometimes...

I know! Between all the warnings from the health professionals and the books, it makes you wonder how the human race ever survived!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular