Rant about my Daughter

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:45 pm 
Post subject: Rant about my Daughter
Im so angry with her at the mo. She seems to go off the handle at the slightest thing. She wants everything and shouts and stomps if she doesnt get her way. She even starts having a paddy when I say yes or praise her thats how highly strung she is.

I do all sorts with her and spend time with her, talk to her away from Harry but its never enough. She thinks she is older than what she is so ends up being rude. Im getting so angry and annoyed that I have to shout and tell her off all the time.

We have tried allsorts of ways to discipline her and nothing is working. Now today she lied about a friend and could of got her into trouble. Plus she blatently went against our rules within 5mins of being told.

Any advice or anyone going through similar please share their tips/thoughts. Its getting us all down as a family. Sad
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
have you recently had a new baby or are you pregnant ? she could be playing up if she feels you don't love her as much anymore I had this with my daughter who was 4 when I had another baby , she thought I didn't love her anymore as I was always busy with the baby so she would be naughty to get my attention and then she'd get told off and that would make her think I didn't love her and it went round and round untill she finally told her gran what the problem was and we managed to sort it out , of course if she's older then it could be more complicated sounds like typical attention seeking behaviour though , maybe she would talk to someone else , an Aunty or Gran and tell them what the problem is , I'm sorry I can't help but it could be anything ,If she seems angry a lot it could possibly be bullying , thats how my son reacted to being bullied at primary school but without her telling you it's very difficult as kids minds work in strange ways sometimes . Good luck FX you get to the bottom of it
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
It did start after having harry but hes over a year old now but I guess its totally plausible. When first had harry I run myself into the ground doing something with her everyday despite H being a nightmare baby. I guess though to drop attention by a little is enough to unnerve any child. Sad

At school she is a complete angel and im told lots of friends. She has spats with other girls but nothing the teacher has noticed. Its only Jessica telling me shes had an arguement.

Ive spoken to my mum and she just says she is exactly like I was as a child and I grew out of it... not much help to me when we are living through it.

Shes so loud when she has a tantrum it sounds like im hurting her so im really worried what the neighbours think. Confused
xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
I know you've said you have tried everything, have you tried reward charts for good behaviour and say she would lose a star for bad behaviour or something like that?
(I used to think these things were a load of bull but they do work strangely enough)
its gotta be tough for you if nothin is working, (((hugs)))
hope you can find something to work for you xxx

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
We had them yonks ago but now shes older it could work better this time.

If I can stop the cheekiness, flying off the handle and attitude she'd be the perfect child. If she didnt think she was 32 in her head we would be ok Laughing

Its just things like when I say its time to come in she has a full blown paddy infront of all the neighbours and I have to drag her in the house. Or when I say its shower time we dont have a screaming match because the water is getting in her eyes. If I send her up to her room and put my hands anywhere near her she flings herself on the floor and says I hit her.... shes lovely really honest Embarassed

Everything is a drama. I dont know where she gets it from Twisted Evil Embarassed Cool
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to admit but I had a little laugh to myself about flinging herself on the floor and acting as though you've hit her when you haven't as my 8 yr old boy does exactly the same (little sod Sad )Maybe she's just pushing your boundaries early to see how you react, my oldest daughter (now 21) was like that everything turned into a battle of wills from the age of about two Rolling Eyes even as a toddler she would hold her breath until she actually passed out if she didn't get her own way Shocked Embarassed Rolling Eyes but she did grow out of it , and when she had tantrums or shouted I just told her I wasn't going to speak to her until she calmed down , so I'd just literally pick her up and put her in her room and say don't come out until your ready to talk properly and let her calm down on her own , some kids just thrive on an audience and if you take it away they stop . Good news is she was fine as a teenager and we have a great relationship now (not much help for you now sorry )
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 pm 
Post subject:
actually it was hun, cos there is hope Shocked Laughing Im glad things are better for you now, I guess the upside is when they display such behaviour they are usually intelligent and frustrated at being little with a big brain..... im sticking this belief come hell or high water!!! Cool Laughing

Thanks for the advice and listening Smile
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
how old is she ????
my daughter is 10 going on 30 !!!! mostly a good very nice girl but at times its like walking on egg shells with her .....ive put it down to hormones and just growning up

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular