I have a labour related question

booter
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 pm 
Post subject: I have a labour related question
I still have 10 weeks to go yet, but the majority of my books are quite vague when it comes to explaining the process of labour before stage 2. I realise that every woman is different and will have a different experience but generally speaking, when should you go into hospital as I have been told to avoid going into hospital until as close to the birth as possible? How am I supposed to know when the birth is imminent and what happens with the waters breaking because I have also been told that there are different waters of a different colour etc that can not nessasarily mean it's the onset of labour? Am a little confused so any advice would be much appreciated. TIA
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
the pain u feel in real labour is much different to the pain u get from braxton hicks

they are painful and uncomfortable but not the same as contractions

with my first labour i slept through most of it by the time they told me to go in i was 3cm dilated.i relied on my instincts.
i would say to you go with your intsincts and dont panic to much about it.
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 am 
Post subject:
we advise that u come ino hospital when u feel u can not cope with the pain anymore but always ring first nd speak to a midwif on the tlephone first and she ill asses ur progress on the telephone. at first contractions are irregular until u get established. u may startng having them and then have 1 3mins later then 8mins later then 2 mins later the 10 mins later, as u start off. established labour is when theyare regular every 5 mins and the closure u get to delivery the more regular they come usually every 2-3mins. and they last a lot longer too. but everyone is different hun. you know ur ody and wot u can cope with so go with ur own instinct

your waters should be clear when they break, if not contact a midwife striaght away.
booter
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. That helps. I guess instict has worked well for me so far, so I'll trust it to get me through labour
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
definitly sweetheart. you know your own body and you can feel whats giong on.

take care

CT xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular