bl**dy midwife

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 am 
Post subject: bl**dy midwife
Has Mw appt yesterday afternoon and my god was she patronising.
she treats me like a kid and can't even get my age right when its right in front of her on my records!
she acts like i'm an immature child who doesn't know what they're doing or the reality of being pregnant!
I'm 34 weeks pg ffs! okay he wasnt planned and technically I was still a teenager when i fell pg but that doesn't mean I think its gonna be a breeze and the most important thing that i'm gonna be worried about it buying a pair of jeans!
I have spent the time from finding out (at 8 weeks) researching things and looking stuff up to make sure that I can know as much as I can about what happens and what to do / not do.
ooh she made my blood boil!
does anyone else really get peed off with their mw?! or is it jst me>?

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
i hate that. my previouvs doc treated me like that. just cos of my age. its unprofessional.

just think you'll be shot of her soon then u can get on and enjoy your baby.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject:
i think midwifes are patronising anyway wotever ur age just think its in their nature lol.

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:52 am 
Post subject:
hmmm maybe
Just hate being treated like a kid - i've worked with ppl older than me since i was 16
like old enough to be my mom - I feel like i'm a lot older than i am and i'm certainly a lot more mature.
just 6 weeks or so until she's gone! woohoo (shouldn't say that really bt still lol)

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:55 am 
Post subject:
my grandma is a midwife and shes soooo patronising all the time lol.

u only got her for another 6 weeks then ull have ur baby.

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:56 am 
Post subject:
same here. we are older then our years. what is it an old head on young shoulders. my dad says i've been older then him from the age of 10. and he said that in his wedding speech.

mumjay
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 am 
Post subject:
I know what you mean if my mam comes with me they talk to her instead of me am bloody 23. They tried to force me to go to antenatal classes cos apparntly you need to learn how to breath even tho i've already had a baby! I get a different one everytime i go but they are all the same!
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
lol.

i never went to antenatal classes they cant teach u wots gonna happen its different for evreyone and uve already had a baby.

im 20 how old r u kab and kat?

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
i'm 20
just never act it lol!

KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject:
i'm 23. i feel as if i'm 27 to 30 though. i think i should be 27 my oh age and he should be 23. lol. nah he's grown up loads recently

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Your not alone, my whole experience with my first was a nightmare from a patronising midwife to a useless delivery nurse to a awful health visitor and finally a rubbish doctor lol

It was made worse cos I knew she had an intollerance to milk like most of my family had but being only 21 they thought I knew jack all. In the end I went ahead brought wysoy and never looked back and the look on the health visitors face when I came back with a calm, rosey coloured and healthy baby was a classic. Very Happy
MyModernDoula
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls. I work as a doula, and i'm supposed to be their worst enemy, beause i know their guidelines and the law.
They are there to do their jobs, they don't care about our feelings, i think PND in this country is so high because of midwives, we don't get any support from them. Midwifes bullied me into breastfeeding, but at the end of the day they didn't have 5 minutes to spare to help me.
So girls don't take any [*@!#%*] from your midwife's, just because your young doesn't mean that you are not going to be a good mum. Go in there have a go at them and then blame it on your hormones Laughing

KdF
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Hmmm.... doesn't look like we have much faith in the midwives we've been assigned. I know I don't. I've had to have my booking in bloods repeated as they didn't fill in the info on the viles correctly - she then had the cheek to blame my drs surgery for the error. I set her clear about this by saying, well actually it was you that provided the viles and filled the info in on them, if it wasn't done correctly then it's not the surgery's fault. She was not pleased with that comment. I've seen her a couple of times now and she hasn't checked my blood pressure, my weight or anything yet. She doesn't seem at all confident in doing her job which doesn't fill me with confidence either. When I see her again in a couple of weeks I will ask her what her experience of home water births is, if she says she has none then I will ask to see someone that does. (hopefully there is someone else!)
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Just wanted to add a quick note to the ladies out there who are yet to see their midwife for the first time.
There are some really good midwives around. I have seen mine 4 times so far and i couldn't fault her one little bit, this is my first baby and seeing her has made me feel so much better about everything that is going to happen to me, with regards to the rest of my pregnancy and birth.
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
I was anemic (lord whats the spelling lol) for weeks cos my doctors mucked up my results. Its such a shame really and probably down to the fact that there is a severe shortage of midwifes, I know my hosital can barely handle the work load. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular