Vegetarian Baby

moodles
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:36 pm 
Post subject: Vegetarian Baby
My husband is a vegetarian but i am not. (Although i dont really eat much meat) He wants our son who is now six and a half months old to be brought up veggie but i dont. We have compromised and agreed that he will just have fish. Im a bit worried about him missing out on protein and nutrients that he needs but am not really sure what he can have at this age. I dont really cook with lentils and beans but will do for him later on. Has anyone got any tips on what i can give him??
littleyellowduck
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
What are your husband's view on 'fake' meat such as Quorn? That is a great source of protein, cheese is also good, and as you say lentils, beans etc.
Also when you lo is a bit older then eggs are a great source of protein, my little boys loves scrambled eggs and beans, and it's so quick and easy to do!
Maybe the vegetarian society website has some ideas? I'm not sure of the address though, sure you can google it.
moodles
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:19 pm 
Post subject: veggie
yeh thanks for your reply. we do eat quorn wasn't sure how old he would have to be before we could give it to him. I'll check out that website too. thanks! Very Happy
eddiesmum
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
my boy loves a vggy caserole with oats in. sautee all kinds of vg, i normally do onion leek broccolli, sweet potatoe and parsnip, add some oats and just enough water to cover. cover and boil for 1/2 hour. it makes a veggy porridge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular