8 days late - no AF, pms or pg signs - HPT neg - any idea???

sarah54
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:59 pm 
Post subject: 8 days late - no AF, pms or pg signs - HPT neg - any idea???
confused - had coil (copper, not mirena) out on 9th July. My last AF started 1 July. Am TTC and had what looked like implantation bleed sun thru to tue last week now no sign of AF - really hopful but no sore boobs or tiredness only the spotting, constipation (sorry) and missed AF. Am really hopeful but shed-load of HPT's are all neg - could it STILL be too early to tell??? Does having coil out cause a missed period - GP didn;t mention it... Is it still too early to get normal preg. signs - i'm sure i had what i;ve seen described as implanation cramps - like pangs in my belly - before the spotting. I ALWAYS get pms & sore breasts before period but nothing this month. When should i go back to GP to followup missed AF - should i bother? Eeeek - this is sooooo frustrating... Rolling Eyes
Sticky05
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
I know how frustrating it is waiting foir AF or a BFP at the same time and nothing is happening. Well it could be your body getting used to everything since the coil been removed or u possbly could be pg. I would give it a few more days since your AF is already 8 days late. Maybe give it til tomorrow and then test, might not show up since u said u felt like maybe implantation bleeding only 1 week ago. U can always go and have bld levels checked for confirmation just to be sure. I would give it at least maybe a cople of more weeks just so when u test your body is producing enough hcg to detect by the test. Hope all goes well either way.
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks I am a bit worried night be ectopic - would that stop the test from working at this stage? I just want to know either way and am not sure how common a false negative is at this stage and can't remember ever missing a period. I guess it't just fingers crossed time!
Sticky05
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
No it would still come up ad show if pregnant even if it is ectopic bc your body is sill producing the pregnancy hormones it is just the pregnancy didnt move down to the uterus. If it's too early to test u can be gtting a false negative. I heard clear blue with conception date on there is good early detector pregnancy test and it also gives u the date of conception. Fingers crossed
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 am 
Post subject:
could the bleeding you had possibly have been a very light period ? now you've had your coil out your AF might get a lot lighter Confused I know a few people who've had ectopics and they all got BFP's but the levels tend to rise slower , FX you get the result you want
lady22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:13 am 
Post subject:
sarah54 wrote:
Thanks I am a bit worried night be ectopic - would that stop the test from working at this stage? I just want to know either way and am not sure how common a false negative is at this stage and can't remember ever missing a period. I guess it't just fingers crossed time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular