hand washing?

gemznboys
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:05 am 
Post subject: hand washing?
obv i want him to practice good hygene and he is good at washing them when he's been to the toilet or coughed/sneezed on his hands but im worried it may be turning into a bit of an obsession, he wants to wash them all the time, even after such as touching paddling pool water...or anything really Confused and his hands are gettign really dry so im having to use oilatum on them! is this a phase or should i be keeping an eye out that it doesnt turn obsessive??
its a hard one because of course you want your kids to be clean and hygenic but usually boys at that age are coverd in filth and pick up snails and things, im not saying theres anything wrong with him not doing it but just dont want it to become an obsession??
anyone elses kids like this, and did they grow out of it? x

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
I don't really know, but I would just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't seem to be calming down or his hands appear to be getting worse, maybe see doctor about it.
Maybe try talking to him about it? Does he tell you why he feels he needs to wash his hands after such as touching the paddling pool etc
Sorry am not much help Sad

Jump to:  

Community

Popular