tax bleedin credits

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:54 pm 
Post subject: tax bleedin credits
im SO confused, we got backdated tax credits, for the completely wrong amount - we spoke to them and got it sorted out, i havent received a monthly or 4 weekly payment and things are getting a bit tight as elijah is nearly 11 weeks now, so we are waiting on a regular payment and the rest of the backdated money........and i get a credit today of 138 which is nowhere near what any of the payments should be....

any idea what it is or why its gone in 2 weeks into the month??? im so confused, and we dont have a landline so we have to drive 20 miles to use one........rargh Sad

LisaMnGirls
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
sometimes they do a one-off payment and then the proper payment a few days later.........because we have Jessica now I got a random payment yesterday of 53 but our 'proper money' still is due to go in on Friday
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
ugggh Laughing well where does the 138 come from Confused out of the backdated money or out of the monthly money - how am i supposed to figure out a budget they have been *rsing us around for months! sigh Smile

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
did u get a letter through mari? we just got ours through the other with a letter explaining the breakdown - but like u ours is completely wrong! they had my income alone down as 48k!! i wish - no wonder they said we were only entitled to 40 a month!! i been on the phone to them and they gonn sort it out they said but im desperate for the money we need!!

x

[/url]
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Have you recently called to renew your tax credits? I did the other day, gave them all the Info over the phone, a week later I had money in my account that I wasn't expecting. I think that once they have your income figures from your p60 they then update there system and figure out for definate whether they owe you or you owe them to make the last tax year figures correct.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
no this is a new claim because we had elijah so its all meant to be quite straightforward - we gave them accurate details in the first place but they dont seem able to deal with the fact i am on maternity leave this year and so my income next year isnt the same as last year! another 120 went in this evening, i have NO idea whats going on, will drive over on friday....ho hum scared to spend anything!

we havent gotten an award letter yet - we got the first one and thats when i rang to say it was wrong (took us 2 wasted trips and a lot of time) so waiting on the next one.....

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
I was getting the childcare element of the tax credits. When i rang them with our p60 amounts i got a letter two weeks later telling me i owe them over 300 and they will take it back next year. I wouldn't mind we don't even earn mega bucks.
If the government keep changing things my oh may aswell give up work once Eoin goes to the chilminder because all his wage will go on that.
It's worrying me.

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
its really stressful isnt it, when they tell you one thing then change it once you have made decisions based on that. we are due almost 900 backdated money because they have messed us around so much not sending things or not giving us enough information and now they wont give us it until next april. nightmare Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular