lizzyhearts
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:09 pm 
Post subject: Newbie
Hi there. I am a newbie on here...was surfing the web and came across this site. Me and my partner have been together for a year now....in that year we have been trying to conceive for at least 6 months now.....as each month progresses, we get hopeful and then i start my period....i have never been regular.....i was on the pill for 10 yrs.....from 18 to 28....i have had very bad bleeds since august last year and it makes me wonder if they are not normal bleeds....they last 7 days and they r full of clots and deep red in colour...my periods used to last 4-5 days...and were faint by day 4 but now the thickness and darkness of my bleeds now r so bad it makes me feel sick to even look at it.Is this normal?? I also get very bad back pain, feel physically sick, and suffer from very bad cramps....I know these can be normal symptoms but it does make me wonder if mb there is sumthing not right. Lately, i have also been getting intense pain whilst having sex....my right side feels very painful and feels as if a knife is being driven through my uterus and i can feel pain in my fallopian tubes. A normal cycle for me lasts between 21 and 32 days....for the past 7 years i have kept a diary of my monthly cycles and have noticed over the last year that my cycles are getting longer...usually lasting 30-32 days...again is this normal? I would be thankful for any tips and hints on how to combat this upsetting and emotional problem.
sharonkelly
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi There,

It sounds like you're really going through the mill. To be honest I think the best thing that you can do is pay your GP a visit. These problems could be any number of things and it's not fair on yourself to try and figure out what the problem is on your own. For one you will probably mis-diagnose, and you're putting yourself through emotional turmoil!!!

Make an appointment - speak to your doctor, and if she says it's nothing to worry about, then that will put your mind at ease a little bit, and perhaps you'll be lucky when you start to relax more. I'm not one for Old Wives Tales myself, but they do say that you have less chance of conceiving when you're stressed.

Please try not to worry, and let us know how you get on.

Sharon x
lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
ty for ur reply.....i guess ur right that i need to go see my GP, i guess i have been putting it off as i am scared and fear the worst...not being able to have kids...
sharonkelly
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my gosh...don't think like that!!! At the end of the day, you're worried, of course you are. But there might not be anything to worry about at all! Even if the GP picks something up that needs sorting - at least you know what it is - and you feel like you're doing something, it gives you something to focus on. It's not a case of walking into the GP's office, sitting down and after 5 minutes being told you can't have kids. There's so many tests, it could take weeks to make that kind of diagnosis, and even then, there are ways and means of becoming pregnant, even without doing the "baby dance".

Please try not to worry, you will more than likely find that the doctor puts your mind at ease more than anything, and perhaps then you can relax a little. And remember, get your fella checked out too!
lizzyhearts
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
hiya...thanku for ur support and yes i will defo make an app at the docs to find out wot is happening.....i will let u guys know wot happens....i guess i am letting this get on top of me and it has kinda taken over from my common sense head!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular