Baby after a prem baby?

xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 am 
Post subject: Baby after a prem baby?
Hi ladies hope you don't mind me popping in to ask a quick question? Has anyone one had a baby after a prem baby? If so was your nxt baby also early? I'm just wondering what the chances of me having another prem baby is? X

cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 am 
Post subject:
hey there, I am currently pg with no.2 after having a premie who is now 6 yrs old. He was born at 30 wks cause of my high BP, I have hypertension anyway and on medication but was worse during pregnancy. This effect the blood flow to the placenta, which effected baby hence why he was delivered early. I was lucky I got to 30 wks as they wanted to deliver him at 28 wks.

I dont know your circumstances as to why your other baby was a prem, was it medically to do with you?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
didnt want to read and run. georgia was prem and i always wonder if i had another if it wud be prem or not.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:46 am 
Post subject:
Hi Blondie , I agree with Cailin ,it probably depends on why your last baby was prem , my second was 4 weeks early , not too early I know but a shock after going 2 weeks over with my first but then my next 4 babies were all born near their due dates (in fact number 4 was born on her due date ) and then number 7 was born at 33 weeks , I was never given any explanation why but there is a theory that it's the baby itself that actually decides when to be born and triggers the release of the necessary hormones so if there was no definate medical reason such as pre eclampsia or cervical incompetence then it might not happen again , but I'm really in the same boat as you and am currently ttc and have wondered about this myself , maybe your GP would be able to give you a better idea of the odds as they will have access to your records . Are you actually expecting at the moment ?
xxblondiexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:10 am 
Post subject:
thanks for the replys ladies, yes i am expecting at the moment i have been put under the consultant so he can monitor me and have a scan he attedning on friday so will be interesting to see what he says, my labour last time was just classed as spontanious labour, no other problems, however i do have pcos and have read on the net this can cause premature labour however not many people i have mentioned it to have heard of that so dont jnow wether it has anything to do with that or not?
will let you know what the consultant says on friday! x

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi,
infections can trigger labour - but 9/10 times this goes undetected as most women feel well. I think my Cons said many premature labours were triggered by infection which does not show up on swabs or cultures - and the baby is born then, so its never fully conclusive. Most prem babies have anti-biotics to cover them.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
beauy1
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hun congrats on expecting your lil bump, I had my first 5 on time number 6 was a 27 weaker number 8 was born at 26 weeks, number 9 at 35 weeks but he attempted to come out before then but they stopped it. Mine were all spontaneous labour with membranes breaking before contraction, I hope your lo stays snuggly inside you till due date x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
hi blondie i see you have had ur baby did u manage to go to full term?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular