My first baby

Rosalyn
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject: My first baby
im going to be a young mum and although very excited, i am also really worried about the birth as i dont really know what to expect. People say that when giving birth you can also excrete? is this very common? i want my boyfriend with me their at the birth but am very insecure if that fact is true. I know that some people can tear down there but can the doctors stitch you up after or do sometimes they leave it?
Thanks.x and when will i start to feel the baby moving?
gaynorlisa
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject: stop worrying
Wink i really dont think your other half is going to care if you poop or not, and i definately dont think you will be caring at the time! if you do the midwife will get rid of it so quickly he wont even notice, he probably be up the top with you. and not everyone does. i started feeling my baby fluttering about at 16 weeks, but i think it normal to start feeling anywhere between 18 and 22 weeks. best feeling in the world. i think that they try and leave you to heal yourself if you tear down there nowadays, i really suggest you go to your antenatal classes, they really helped me feel prepared for birth, and now im really not to worried about it, (4 weeks to go) dont listen to anyones horror stories, ive heard loads of great easy birth stories, everyone is differant. Good luck with your pregnancy. Gaynor xxx
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: My first baby
Rosalyn wrote:
im going to be a young mum and although very excited, i am also really worried about the birth as i dont really know what to expect. People say that when giving birth you can also excrete? is this very common? i want my boyfriend with me their at the birth but am very insecure if that fact is true. I know that some people can tear down there but can the doctors stitch you up after or do sometimes they leave it?
Thanks.x and when will i start to feel the baby moving?

hi rosalyn,
congraulations!!
firstly yes it is true that u can excreate - but its not very common. ive witnessed lots of births and have only ever known it to happen once. but its nothin to be embarrased about and it will be the last thing on your mind when you in labour believe me.
it is common for women to tear down there. if the tear is just flesh then you will be leftto heal by urself but if the tear goes through to muscle then u will be stitched and its usually the midwife that stitches you these days.
try not to worry about it too much. you gota while before ou give birth and when you are in labour you'll have lots of support.
with this being your first baby you will more than likely start to feel movements between 18 - 20 weeks but dont be alarmed if its more.

please dont hesitate to ask your midwife about ny questions you have.
good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular