Christmas Chat for 2010 :D

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:29 pm 
Post subject: Christmas Chat for 2010 :D
Just setting this up as people are obviously wanting to talk presents, offers, meal ideas, decorations etc already so this way the topics won't drop off and get lost Very Happy

If everyone wants to post their xmas related stuff on this sticky then it will keep it all together for everyone. Try and keep it to xmas tho' so that it's easy for people to keep track Laughing Laughing

Feel free to crimbofy AB!! Very Happy
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

As the festive season is fast approaching we thought it would be useful to put together a list of all the major baby shops offering free delivery in the run up to Christmas so that you can sort your shopping without even going outside!

You can see the list by visiting:
http://www.askbaby.com/free-delivery-online-baby-shops.htm

Happy shopping!

pp.Han x Laughing
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

Happy crimbo Laughing Laughing .

This is going to be Noahs first crimbo he will be 5 months when crimbo comes. Any suggestions on wat sort of pressys to get a 5 month old

thanks

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x

Last edited by XxNOAHnELIJAHxX on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Char, this is going to sound a bit miserable, but we didn't buy much for Poppy for her first Christmas, when she was 6 months. We bought her a few little presents to open but to be honest, she had no idea what was going on anyway, and got so much from other people that we just put some money in an account for when she's older and gave her a few bits and pieces.

Call me scrooge, but she had a wonderful time just with the wrapping paper.

Michelleplus4
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
I AGREE WITH ABOVE POST Smile ,,,, WE ONLY GOT DANIELLE A FEW LITTLE BITS AS EVERYONE ELSE JUMPS ON THE FIRST CHRIMBO WAGON AND TO BE HONEST SHE GOT TO MUCH AND MOST OF IT WAS LEFT UNUSED X X
THIS YEAR AGAIN WE ARE NOT GETTING HER TOO MUCH ,,, HAVE GOT HER A TRAMPOLINE AND A WAYBULOO TENT THING SO FAR AND SHE WILL GET A COUPLE THINGS MORE BUT NOTHING MAJOR X
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
i am sure we just got lewis a few leapfrog type toys (you know that annoying frog one and there was a caterpillar too which sang stuff) for his 1st and he was 5mths at the time. fraser was only 3 mths and we bought him his jumperoo even tho he didn't use it for a little bit after that. last xmas we got lewis one of those wooden activity cubes and a ITNG pop up tent and he got so much from everyone else I am glad we didn't get more cos he had so much. this xmas we have learnt from the past two that they get so much from everyone else so we have decided to get them dual dvd players for the car for when we go up and down to my mums xxxxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
in car dvd players are fab !!!

the itng pop up tent is that the ninky nonk one ? ,, i looked at that but the reviews i read were [*@!#%*] ,,,, as in its not joined so ends up everywhere blah blah blah x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
mich we had a single one but paul left it in the old car when we got our new one!!!! Shocked stupid man!!!! the ones i want are the ones you can play two diff or also just the same dvd so we don't get the arguments over i want to watch x and i want to watch z Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

the pop up tent is the one with all the characters on it....got it from argos but i think amazon do it too.....and it is a sort of triangle type tent shape which opens fully on one side with a wee curtain and then on the front it has a space to put the little tunnel. it's good for rainy days cos it's not too big Laughing
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Garden-First-Pop-Up-Tunnel/dp/B002PHLOTM this is it here xxxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 am 
Post subject:
we are being really tight this year and only spending 30-40 on each child. they get so much and we really have run out of room for toys, and i buy them clothes all year round so theres not much point in buying clothes esp for xmas either!
x

xemplus2x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:59 am 
Post subject:
we're on a tight tight budget too this year. so I wasnt planning ot spend much either.
I was thinking of a pop up tent thingi like archie says, as it can be put away and then move it in or out side come the summer again.

I must admit I have bought bits nad bobs already for lillie, but like tings on sale, to make up little prezzies. picked few dvds up pon sale like tweenies and thomas tank when iv seen on sale. Hair bobbles and stuff. as I know she'l just want to open pressents more than the actual pressents.
as for baby no2 I wasnt really going to buy hardly anything( tight mum I know) spent loads on lillie last year on iggle piggle things nad dasiy and shes never played with them cost a bloody fortune!! so Il just wrap up things like nappies for him/her so lillie can open.
maybe one bigish toy but not going to go crazy. plus we dont have the room for it all.

cant believe xmas is on its way around again! Shocked sooo scary!! where has this year gone too?!??! then it will be her 2nd bday!! holy cow! x x

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
We're on a seriously tight budget this year,what with the new baby arriving just before! I'm planning on getting Alfie a car/road mat for his bedroom,but think that'll be a new baby present Smile so no idea what to get him for xmas!Also his birthday is just after,so need to buy for that too!

He didn't have a clue last year,but he's much more aware this year,and very much in to his 'boys toys',so any suggestions would be great!

am liking the tent idea,we wanted to get him one ages ago but never got round to it xx

I agree with not getting too much for her this year Char,at 6 months they really don't know and you'll have just wasted your money.Alfie didn't know at 1 year old what was going on lol.xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
I honestly have no idea what to get my kids for Christmas. It's my son's 1st birthday on the 23rd of September and I'm the same for that. He's getting the new Chelsea kit off daddy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The new bambino is due Christmas day and my daughter's 4th birthday is on 12th of January. Not good planning on my part tbh! The only thing I have an idea about is some Everything's Rosie from Cbeebies toys and DVDs for my daughter but other than that Mad Last year I spent a silly amount and there are literally still boxed up toys on top of my wardrobe that I've not opened yet as they have too many toys out and won't really appreciate them if you get what I mean... so not interested in new toys this year! I was thinking about buying new bedroom furniture and decorating their rooms but is that really stingy? That and clothes is going to be it this year I think.

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
nah i don't think that is stingy at all. lewis got that cube last yr which was 25 squid and the tent was 25 i think so only really spent 50. i decorated his room and we got him his big boy bed in the january so it was kind of the same as you are thinking really. espesh when they always want all the themes and the bits and bobs to go with it all. not like in my day when it was woodchip wallpaper and a wooden board to sleep on.....eeeee luxury Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
I was thinking about getting Flick to do some painting/drawing and framing a pic for Inlaws, step parents and my brother and sister.
I am so clueless this year!
I got Flick a few clothes in the George sale, I am waiting for trouser pjs to come in.
She already has a beautiful coat and I know everyone will buy her toys and clothes.

I am thinking about getting her a toy box with her name on as a main gift? They are about 40 in Ace and stuff.

She will have a big girl bed for her birthday x

sammie23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
CHARLIEB5 why dont you make Noah a treasure basket with different sensory items to explore, i work in a baby room and to be honist all of the toys i have none of them play with they much prefer the natural items such as the tressure baskets if ur interested let me know as ill email you some idears over that goes for every1!!!!!xxxxx
all our parents comment on them!!
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular