Christmas Chat for 2010 :D

StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
Yay sticky! Laughing

I've picked up a fair few bits for Isabelle already - though seriously unsure how to blend Christmas and her birthday, 2 weeks later Rolling Eyes
I have a ride on car, a bounce and giggle pig, a toy chest, and something else but I can't remember at the mo Confused So a nice collection so far!

Am thinking of getting a teddy from Build-a-bear made up and dressed up nice for her, and some traditional "Baby's first Christmas" bits and bobs and a few more toys. I absolutely love the idea of a blanket (or maybe even a quilt) with her name and date of birth for her Birthday (could I have the details you know please, sammie23?).

No other ideas as yet though, really - though I did see and am rather taken on a rocking chair that can be used from 9month for her birthday. Anyone have any experience or think it's a nice idea? http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-7627.aspx

I like the idea of one main thing and a few smallers. Know she'll be spoilt by others and not *really* know what's going on, but still!

StaceyRD
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Decided my rough plan: Christmas - Ride on car, building blocks, bath toy, babies first christmas things, a toy chest, bounce and giggle pig, few more bits and bobs to open. Birthday - Possibly the rocking chair, build-a-bear teddy, blanket, bubble blower, few more little things, and hopefully go out for the day. Does that sound good? x

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for ur suggestions ladies.

Sammie yes plz can u PM me the ideas cheers.

char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
PINKYD
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
well i wasnt intending to get ava much but so far we have bought

smart trike
mamas and papas ladybird rocker
fisher price ride a long pony
fisher price teapot set and handbag
my first doll
sock monkey
vtech walker
keyboard

i know its ridiculous but im not having any more babies so im going to spoil her rotten!
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
awww pinky that's sweet Very Happy if i only had one and knew i wasn't having more i would do the same too Wink

just an idea for anyone who is hosting xmas dinner (or wants an unusual wee gift to take to the dinner table at someone else's). i got these last year and they went down a treat and for a table of 10 of us cost me 7 but they looked waaaayyyyy more expensive:

http://www.maplemollys.co.uk/productDetail.cfm?Id=172
(she is not advertising them as xmas ones yet but if you look at the options you will see you get xmas colours and snowflake toppings etc)

hope someone gets to enjoy them as much as we did. we are going to my mum's this year and i am going to get them again as it's a bit of a funny take on the whole cracker idea Very Happy
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Ooh Archie, love that idea! Might have to get those.

By the way, question for everyone, when do you decide where you are spending Christmas day? I have invited mine and hubby's parents and siblings to ours for Christmas but none of them have given me any answer yet, or even a maybe. Is it unreasonable to expect people to decide fairly soon?

I only ask as I would love to start buying little bits and pieces as I see them to spread the cost, but don't want to buy enough for everyone if only a few are joining us.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
we have decided already i have got to, it will come so quick. My MIL has invited my mom and partner over for christmas day as it noahs first crimbo and he would like both grandparents there 2 geva. We have OH bro, Sil and two boys there too. So should be nice.

I would diffo be wanting an answer as u cann prepare.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
Lucky i had the same last year!!! Grrr! What i did was went on moonpig and reworked a party invite as a xmas dinner invite and put it from lewis and fraser so they had to reply!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing xxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hee hee, I like that idea Archie. Out of interest at what point did you do that?

Don't want to sound like I'm hassling them, when there is still months to go, but would like some idea if it is a no or a maybe. Is that unreasonable?

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
i did it about sept/oct i think and actually said "mummy asked us to send this so she can start spending all daddy's money to get good stuff in" so they clearly got the message Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
I love it!!! Laughing

StaceyRD
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
I have no idea what am doing this year. Sad
Last year, extremely pregnant (and on original due date) OH's mum and him had me kneeling on the floor screwing up a blooming table tennis table. We were at my mum's the few days before and left on christmas eve. I don't want to do all the chasing this year - and to make it worse Paul is working on Christmas Day because it's a weekend and his work has decided bank holiday's don't fall on weekend's!! Not going to be happiest time, I don't think x

snoopya
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
That sounds like a really good idea sammy I would love to hear more!!
My email is amyehooper@yahoo.co.uk If you fancy sending me anything.

Thabk you so much

NicolaOasis
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Archie1 wrote:
awww pinky that's sweet Very Happy if i only had one and knew i wasn't having more i would do the same too Wink

just an idea for anyone who is hosting xmas dinner (or wants an unusual wee gift to take to the dinner table at someone else's). i got these last year and they went down a treat and for a table of 10 of us cost me 7 but they looked waaaayyyyy more expensive:

http://www.maplemollys.co.uk/productDetail.cfm?Id=172
(she is not advertising them as xmas ones yet but if you look at the options you will see you get xmas colours and snowflake toppings etc)

hope someone gets to enjoy them as much as we did. we are going to my mum's this year and i am going to get them again as it's a bit of a funny take on the whole cracker idea Very Happy

Im definitely getting some of these, its just me, David and Aimee for dinner but im going to get some for my mum xx
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
I'm picking up a Hello Kitty drawing easel with a seat and a sand/water table tomorrow. More [*@!#%*] to junk my house up with.. hoorah!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Seasonal Celebrations All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular