Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
jumperoo was my best buy EVER, or grandpas best buy ever i should say
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:48 am 
Post subject:
I'm getting this :

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_90883_10001

nearly half price at the mo and there are loads of other animals to choose from.

Its for 9+ months but I don't want to wait til her b'day.
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi all was just wondering if any of u have any suggestions my daughter is due to arrive on the 26th november knowing my luck ill go into december so wont be getting babba any pressies as she will have a bit from everyone else and will be so tiny there would be no point was thinking of getting the OH's n my parents a nice photo frame with a nice pic of the baby and then just the usual alcohol or whatever dont want to be a cheap skate but im sure we will be skint Sad xx
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 am 
Post subject:
i think its a lovely idea angel Smile
Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 am 
Post subject:
thanks lalena Very Happy now theres just everybody else to sort lol x
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:15 am 
Post subject:
you could make your own personalised hampers hun? in argos 3pk seagrass baskets 9.99, and fill each one with little things you know people will like whenever youve got a spare couple of pounds. like my nan in law loves her nails, so we bought a range of polishes, and care products, as well as a girly film and chocs so she could have herself a pampering day. cigarettes if they smoke, a favourite small bottle of pefume/aftershave, whatever they like.
you can also carry on with your photo idea, like mugs, keyrings etc with your lo on to put into said hampers xxx
Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 am 
Post subject:
OMG thats a fab idea!!! i thought about odd bits of junk jewellery n stuff for my SIL as she is always wearing it and like hairbands with bows on n stuff Very Happy xx
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 am 
Post subject:
it works for birthdays or other special occasions too, our neighbours sister loved the one we gave her brother for his last birthday so much she now does them for her oh Laughing and it makes it so much easier to buy presents gradually, instead of worrying about one bigger present per person when xmas is staring you in the face when things are tight Very Happy xxx
StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
So so pleased, had a fab shopping day today!
Bought the mini kitchen for 11.50, a half price dolly at 6. But my bargain of the day - the dressing gown I wanted for missy in Boots was 12. Then I remembered OH had a 10 voucher I had in the changing bag, and in the boots catalogue you get 10% off the new baby range. So I bought it for 80p!! Very Happy Laughing

StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
And I love love love that idea, lalena! I was worried about what to get my mum and sis, but now, I think you've just solved that! Very Happy

Did ask a few posts back but no-one's replied, what're you getting OH's/family, or have you mainly thought of kiddies so far?

lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
oh wow stacey, what a bargain! Very Happy god, i havent a clue what to get my kids beyond clothes Embarassed i just KNOW the inlaws will buy plenty of toys, so will have to coordinate so no duplicates happen Laughing when it comes to my nephews im the boring sensible auntie, last year the elder ones all got liverpool fc breakfast sets, and this year bedding sets i think, seeing as theyre now in their own home and its something they need as well as something theyre into Smile
mil is always trickiest, but if its red youre onto a winner Laughing going to be a mini bottle of baileys and lindt chocs in there though Very Happy
StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't thought of clothes at all, lalena, someone reminded me the other day that I could buy her some Laughing I have some mittens and now the dressing gown, but to be honest not sure I will buy any clothes, maybe I can tell others that and there'll be no duplicated pressies - though I can't see there being. I love what I've got Very Happy

Noooo idea what to get OH. Rolling Eyes

lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
most men seem to like things that are electronic, fiddly and time consuming just to set up Laughing my fil is a prime example with his gadgets. cant work ANY of them out himself, always needs my oh or bil to sort them out, but he has to have them because theyre the latest thing and are cool Rolling Eyes the mans nearly 60, too old for his midlife crisis and too young to be losing his marbles, so dont know what his excuse is Laughing
what about a digital photo frame? pictures, short little clips can be played, and itll keep him out of your hair while you do xmas dinner, too busy putting images etc onto it to get under foot Laughing
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Archie1 wrote:
Charlieb5 wrote:
Thanks were would i get a jumperoo from, is it ok for a 5 month old?

Char

you'll get them at toys r us, amazon, argos etc. it's fisherprice that make them. around about 60-70 depending on if you get a deal or not. i got ours on amazon and i think it was 64.99 last xmas. PERFECT for a 5mth old.....you can thank me later - you'll know exactly what i mean when you get it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thank you arch i am diffo going to get one then as a few of u ladies are reccomending. I wil look on toys r us and argos thanks. I am sure my LO will love it he cant stop wriggling already lol

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
LianneJane1987
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Hey everyone, really looking forward to christmas this year, i'll be about 4 months preg and instead of people getting presents for me i'm going to ask for them to buy stuff for baby as it would be a great help Very Happy x
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  

Community

Popular