May 2011 Mummy's

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:18 am 
Post subject:
the discharge sounds like a good sign katie!! lets hope things are starting!! im feeling kinda guilty now for jumping the queue Embarassed lol

ooh no i havent seen toots about for a little while - hope everything is ok and that she too busy with a newborn lol xxx
kerah1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies... Sorry not been on for ages but Gabriel is quite a handful!!!! He's doing great although he seems to be having some constipation and as a result can not stop crying!!! Hopefully it'll settle soon as Im knackered...
How's everybody else doing????
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies!
Well our wee boy arrived at 9.28 on 22 May weighing a massive 9lbs 5 ozs. We have named him Kahukura(my husband is New Zealand Maori and we really like the name)Had a pretty rough time unfortunately- well I did, he was fine the whole way through! Went into labor at 10.30 on the 20th and went well all night and day. Stayed at home until evening of 21st then went up to our birthing unit. To cut a long story short I was almost 9cm, but he was posterior and stuck. So had a two hour ambulance ride before finally getting pain relief and an emergency c section!! A bit of an ordeal but as I said baby happy the whole way through so no drama.
Home now a little sore but very happy!
Plus sonographer at our 20 week scan very wrong- he has a perfect nose!
Could not believe how big he was! How did he fit????
Hope you are all well!!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am 
Post subject:
omg Katie congratulations!!!
it is amazing how they fit isnt it! quite scary really to think only last week u had him, the placenta, a load of water too all in ur tummy Shocked
how do you pronounce his name hun?
im am sorry you had a rough time, but glad you are both doin well Smile hope u heal quickly!

any news on floralOne? or lysianassa? xXx
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:08 am 
Post subject:
toots... hows ur lil man doin too? is he home yet? if not hope its not too long!
also needing some piccys katie and toots Smile xXx
kerah1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 am 
Post subject:
congratulations katiepillar! whoah that's bigger than gabriel, amazing how they can fit in there!!! Sorry you had a rough time though, having had a c section trust me when i say TAKE IT EASY the first few weeks and get all the help you can. Good luck hun x
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:25 am 
Post subject:
awwwww massive congrats xxxxx Very Happy Very Happy

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:01 pm 
Post subject:
congrats toots! how is your wee one doing?

janeylou- i just saw you got a BFP! congratulations!

you say his name 'car who ker ra'. it means 'rainbow' which makes me sound like a big hippy! we chose it because we liked the name rather than for the meaning though. will try and put a picture up.

JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:35 am 
Post subject:
thanks hunni Wink xxxxxxxxxx
yeah we are absolutely thrilled!!!!!!! Very Happy
a little scared but hopefully this time all will be ok xxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
FloralOne
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Katiepillar! Smile That's fab news - glad that you are doing ok. Sounds like quite a stressful labour having to be transferred by ambulance. Love the name of your little one too Smile

Janeylou - that's fab news too - good luck Smile

I'm also now a Mummy - yay! Naomi was born on Tuesday 24 May in the afternoon and weighs 7 1/2 pounds. Labour went smoothly, although it was going very slowly and the contractions, despite being really intense for a good 12 hours, were still not getting much closer together (they stayed at every 6 mins for HOURS!). Unfortunately I now know from experience that the pain can make you throw up. After the contractions starting in earnest on Monday evening, going to the hospital 4am the next morning to find I was only 3cm dilated, and then walking around the corridors for 2 hours (which got me to 5cm, but I also was horribly sick and started getting dizzy from the tiredness/dehydration and the contractions started slowing down) I decided to opt for an epidural - something I'd always been really against. Happily after that whilst the contractions still hurt (they were in my back which I hadn't expected) they were manageable, and they gave me oxytocin(?) to speed things up & burst the amniotic sac... and hey presto things started to actually get moving and about 3-4 hours after that Naomi arrived Very Happy I've never been SO glad something was over before in my life! Naomi is beautiful, but wow, what an intense experience. How on earth do people have more than one child??!!
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:34 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations floral one!!! Naomi is a lovely name. I think she must be the first may girl. Sounds like your labor was pretty long and hard! It is quite an intense ride isn't it? I found the pain made me throw up a bit too. Not nice at all. Epidural's are wonderful things!

Has anyone heard from lyssiana?? Has baby made an appearance yet??

and toots?? I hope baby is doing better and can come home soon. Thinking of you.

We are doing pretty good here. I am still a little sore and frustrated at not being able to do anything, but oherwise good. Kahukura is a lovely baby. He is really hungry and am a little worried I am not making enough milk, but we get weighed again tomorrow so guess we will find out! He wants to eat for about 4 hours pretty much non stop in the evening which is a little hard. Am having a few problems with sore nipples but using a shield and getting there slowly. Just hope he is getting enough.

FloralOne
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:59 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Katiepillar Smile This ride is definitely intense! I'm starting to realise, as I sit here feeding Naomi, that being pregnant was by far and away the easy part! I know she's not even a week old, but wow the sleep deprivation.
Glad that you are doing well - sounds like your little boy is really healthy. Naomi also wants to feed almost non stop in the evenings - I wondered if its a comfort thing, more than being hungry? At least the more you feed the more milk your body will know to make Smile Hope your nipples heal soon, sounds really sore.
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
CONGRATULATIONS floralone! Very Happy Very Happy and a girly!! :O lol
it is such an intense ride, but omg sooo worth it - which is y i think people do it more than once - or 4 times in my case! Embarassed

Katie - breastfeeding is such hard work sometimes, but bear with it if you can, it gets a whole lot easier soon!! they do have growth spurts tho, when they constantly feel like they are attached - i think they have one at about 3 weeks, then 6 weeks then 12 weeks, but i promise it does get better! you sound like you are doing a fantastic job!! just hope the pain eases for you soon! but like floralone sed could just be comfort too.

Connor doin well - still sleeps most of the time, still on the prem baby milk, but i cant see him bein a small baby, i think he gonna get big quite quickly! he weighs 6lb 3oz now Shocked cant believe he is nearly 7 weeks old already though Crying or Very sad
xXx
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:13 am 
Post subject:
hey Smile how are all the may mums n bubs doing? x
Connor doin well Smile still not smiling - but spose i need to allow for him bein early! he had his jabs on thurs Sad but he was brave Smile and the lil chunk weighs 7lb 5oz now !lol xXx
FloralOne
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Loolahoop - good to hear that you and Connor are doing well. Sounds like he's really grown!

We're doing well. Naomi is growing fast - she's put on 400g in 10 days!!! Shocked No wonder she wants to feed so often. Do you think it's possible for a baby to put on too much weight too fast tho? 400g/12oz seems a lot - she's gone from 7 1/2 lb (3.4kg) to 8lb 6oz (3.8kg). The midwife seemed to think it was a large increase (but didn't say much else... which has left me a bit paranoid). Naomi seems v healthy tho. Altho I hadn't appreciated how easy it was the 1st 2 weeks with her sleeping so much as now she's more alert she seems to cry more/louder and is more difficult to get to sleep.

I'm enjoying being a Mum - Naomi makes the funniest/cutest expressions Smile - tho on days when we've had very little sleep/middle of the night it can be tough. Feels like i'm living in a baby bubble where night and day have blurred completely! We're just getting to the point where we're starting to get out a bit, but just short trips so far. Not tried nappy changing/breast feeding whilst out yet...

Hope you're all doing well? Kerah and Katiepillar are you recovering ok from the caesareans? I'm thinking if your boys are putting on weight at the same rate as Naomi that they must be over 10lb by now!
Page 31 of 32

Jump to:  

Community

Popular