May 2011 Mummy's

Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies!
Loolahoop- Conner sounds like he is growing really well! Are your other kids enjoying their new baby brother??

Floral one- Sounds like Naomi is doing great! Kahukura eats all the time too and has put in so much weight. He is already over 10lbs now. I was wondering whether they can put on to much weight too! I am the same with feeding and changing in public- it really scares me! Are you breast feeding?? THe idea of doing that in public is terrifying!! The lack of sleep is killer ey? How many feeds does she have at night?

We are doing pretty good here, although tired of course! It has been a bit hard because he has been eating ALL the time. He eats for about 3 hours on and off in the evening which is really tiring. Was worried I wasn't making enough, but with his massive weight gain I think we are ok! He doesn't really sleep during the day without someone holding him which is really hard when DH is at work. I do have to say though that he is asleep now and has been for about an hour and a half, so hopefully we are starting new habits!!

Hope you and your babies are all well!
Kate

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 am 
Post subject:
yeah katie kids love their lil brother Smile a lil too much tbh lol, wont leave him alone Rolling Eyes

floralone, thats not too much in days, she must be havin a growth spurt Smile the average is about 1oz a day so she only a lil over that Smile MW was probably suprised at the weight gain coz babies sometime loose weight in 1st 2 weeks.

Katie have you got a baby carrier/sling thing? then you can get on with what you need to do but Kahukura will still feel snuggled to you? but if you do get him in habit of sleepin on his own will be easier for you lol.

Connor is takin 4oz bottles now, sleeps quite well at night, goes to bed at 8/9pm til 6am but usually wakes at 3am, i givre him dummy then he goes back to sleep, then when he wakes at 6am i put him in bed iwth me n he sleeps til 7am when we all have ot get up for school run Smile xXx
Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 am 
Post subject:
Wow loolahoop Conner sounds like a great sleeper!! I guess with three other kids your sleep must be so precious!
I can't wait to get a little (or a lot) more sleep! Kahukura sleeps in 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours stretches at night at the moment. After his last feed his is a grizzle bum and usually ends up in our bed.... although he still grizzles! I have managed to get him to take a couple of naps today which is good!!
How are all of you may mummys doing??

FloralOne
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 am 
Post subject:
Loolahoop - sounds like Connor is doing superbly. LOVE the idea of having that much sleep! Smile

Katiepillar - Kahukura's sleep sounds similar to Naomi's. Generally she wants to feed most of the evening, then goes to sleep sometime around 11pm-12.30am, and sleeps for around 3-4hours. After that the amount of sleep between feeds gets shorter. Having said that though last night she went to sleep around midnight and didn't wake up until about 6.30am, and even then didn't cry her head off like usual, but dozed for the next hour. It was me who got her up 'cos I couldn't believe she'd gone that long without food or crying! It's funny, I spend ages wishing for more sleep and now having had 1 good/amazing night I'm worried that there's something wrong with the baby! Rolling Eyes Part of me wonders if I did wake up but don't remember it... altho my boobs are so full of milk I know it must be true.

It's amazing seeing them develop isn't it? I put Naomi on her tummy this morning and she managed to hold her head up for a good moment, before head butting the mat! Smile I could see the beginnings of baby pushups too - so exciting Smile

Hope all the May/April babas are doing well.
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
I just wanted to say hello as I never get the chance to get on here anymore as Cody is not a fan of sleeping during the day - I wouldn't mind but he doesn't sleep well at night either.

Hope your all keeping well and enjoying your little ones. Cody is doing well, getting big and strong and generally being a grumpy bum, but I love him to bits. He goes for his first operation in August which will be hard but better being done when he is so young.

Well thats me back to mummy duties, will hopefully update again soon Smile

- x - Never forgetting our 3 angels - x -
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
hey girlies Smile pleased to see every1 is doin well Smile
i think Connor is only good at sleepin coz he is that bit older, you should all be getting some rest soon Smile
i was just wondering if any of your LOs are smiling yet? Connor isn't and i know obviously he was early, but he is 5 weeks (nearly) corrected age, so should he be by now? i know he will at some point, but he looks so cute when he does windy smiles, just wish he would for me Smile lol

he been given gaviscon too to help with his sickness, he has to go back to docs in 2 weeks to check on his weight etc. had him weighed yesterday n he was 8lb exactly! i keep calling him buddah baby, but doesn't really seem apt anymore lol xXx
FloralOne
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Loolahoop - the last few days Naomi has been smiling more... and I'd thought they were 'proper' smiles, but now I'm not so sure they're not just slightly larger/more noticeable versions of the windy smile. Last night she suddenly threw up a sizeable amount of milky sick on me... and as the warm liquid ran down my top & jeans and onto the sofa she grinned hugely... but I definitely wasn't smiling back! So I'm thinking they were just windy smiles after all. Either that or I've a daughter with a very adult & mischievous sense of humour!

I'm sure Connor will smile soon. I was reading about timings for first smiles on Mumsnet and other Mums had seen the first smile at anywhere between 4 to 9 weeks. Your little one is probably saving his energy for growing and then will suddenly dazzle you with a gorgeous grin when you're least expecting it Smile Fab news re: his weight - that's great that he's now 8 pounds Smile

On a different topic - does anyone know if burping the baby stops them throwing up lots of milk? Just wondering if I should be burping the baby more, or whether the it's inevitable/unstoppable?
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Loolahoop- I think Kahukura has started smiling over the last few days. It lights up his eyes so think it is different to windy smile. Plus he only does it when we are looking at him or talking to him. I had read that it happens between 4-9 weeks too. Conner was due around the date that Kahukura was born ey? I am sure it will happen really soon. He had such a rough time and then had so much growing to do!

Floral one- am not sure if winding stops them from throwing up. Sometimes Kahukura throws up even though he has had a big burp, and sometimes he doesn't burp or throw up! My MW says breastfed babies don't need burping, but am sure our wee one needs help at times!

We are doing ok here. After struggling and struggling with breast feeding I have bought a breast pump and am going to give Kahukura a few bottles just to give my poor boobs a break. I can't seem to get his latch right, so although he is gaining weight really well I think he has to eat pretty much all day to get enough. I just gave him a top up of expressed milk after his feed and he is actually having a nap, which he very rarely does! Have been so close to giving up so hopefully this will save me!

Nice to hear from you toots! Glad to hear that Cody is doing well. Kahukura is not a fan of daytime sleeps either! So tring! Hope you are not feeling to exhausted!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 am 
Post subject:
awww well done for not giving up Katie Smile when i had Connor and i was breastfeeding him the nurse on SCBU said a lot of people will say that BF babies don't need winding, but some do -Connor always needed winding and always burped like a man! lol
do you have breastfeeding groups or counsellors where you are Katie? they may show you how to make sure he is latched properly and maybe show you a few diff positions to make it easier for you both? they are so much better than Mws or HVs!

im not sure if more frequent winding will reduce the bein sick? Connor is just sick all the time no matter what lol, suppose ou could try tho? not gonna do any harm Smile xxx
Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies!! It has been ages since a may mummy wrote anything so thought I should!!
How are you all doing??

We are doing really well now here!
We finally seem to have our breastfeeding going well most days, and when we have a bad day I just give him a bottle and we are both happy!! He is growing so well and weighs over 6kg now!He is a little fatty!! He still usually wakes for 2 feeds a night but is sleeping much better and actually takes naps!! He is soooo cute too. He smiles all the time and has started 'talking'and giggling a little.

Hope you and your babies are all doing well. Hope to hear how you are doing soon!

FloralOne
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Katiepillar!
Glad to hear that things are going better for you - sounds like your little'un is growing v.well Smile
Here all is good too. The last couple of weeks Naomi's sleep has improved hugely which makes such a difference. She's also become happier in the daytime to sit in her baby bouncer chair and watch me which has been great - the house no longer looks totally like a bombsite. She's also super smiley and loves 'talking' jibberish to us - it is SO cute. When we're on the bus/tube she likes peaking over my shoulder at people and I find myself with suddenly smiling people around me. Being a mum is great!

Hope all is good with Gabriel and Connor too?
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, so pleased to hear may babies are doin well Smile Connor is doin great, weighs 12lb 9oz!! There's some concern over hid thyroid but should have some blood results within the next week Smile Connor is super smily too n so content, which is a great thing with Gavin the others to run around after too lol, he has literally within the last 2 days started to find his voice n make cute lil baby sounds, I love it Smile he still not too great with the head control but we got sum exercises to do to work on that Smile xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to:  

Community

Popular