tips to stop me testing too early!

bluebear
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject: tips to stop me testing too early!
Hello just joined this site and wondered if any of you are in this 2 week wait - am 8 DPO and waiting to test- getting really impatient to test but know really its far too early. Part of me wants to test but part knows its silly to even think of it- am I going crazy or just simply complicating things!!!
keltru
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:32 am 
Post subject:
I know it's tempting to test too early but you're best to wait, otherwise you risk getting really dissapointed and negative, whereas if you do wait you might get the result you were hoping for! x
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome Bluebear.

Wait!!! I always test a few days early and am always disappointed when I get a bfn. It really makes me feel 'down'. I'd wait until a few days after missed af (easier said than done).
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bluebear,

Welcome to the site.
Why not buy some cheap hpt`s (the early 10mlu ones from eBay are like 3 for 10)
I dont know whether these tests work but when it comes to the testing witch getting the better of ya you can try using 1 of those which will mentally make you feel like your testing (i say feel only because i do not know these tests accuracy).
Testing early is all psychologically in the mind so if you make your mind think its done a test,it can make you feel so much better. And you dont have to worry about burning a hole in your pocket for expensive tests, just keep the good 1`s for when you go past or on to your AF date or if you get a positive from the early 1`s.

Just a thought. This is my plan of action and i got a load of them to take me thru the last few days of the 2ww this month. Saving my expensive good tests for if i get a result and want to confirm it or if i pass my due date.

Hope all this makes sense and good luck ttc
D xxx
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm 
Post subject: thanks guys
Thanks so much for all your advice- have managed to stop myself testing too early so far as I agree it might set myself up for disappointment but have looked into tests available on internet Miss Scotland!! Boy never knew this 2ww was so difficult. Sympathise with all who have had BFN this month but enjoyed reading positive comments re getting back on track for September. If my calculation are right I should be ready for testing at weekend....if I last that long!! Thanks again guys x
puss2
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Post subject:
u know what i do? i put a pound in a jar for each day PO that i hold back from testing. last month, i saved 15 and spent it on a treat for myself. like a new top or munchies or something. makes the wait more worth while!! Smile

Amandaplus2
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject: Hi there
I have been using the cheap test sticks from ebay for nearly 12 months. Last Tues used one and got a faint line, tried 2 more and again got a faint line. Next day bought several diff tests from boots including an early digital one. They all came out positive. I then tried one that should be used on the day of a missed period, well it was about 4 day before i expected a period and that one was positive too so guess I am pregnant, maybe further on than I thought. x
MissScotland
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: Hi there
AmandaJane48 wrote:
I have been using the cheap test sticks from ebay for nearly 12 months. Last Tues used one and got a faint line, tried 2 more and again got a faint line. Next day bought several diff tests from boots including an early digital one. They all came out positive. I then tried one that should be used on the day of a missed period, well it was about 4 day before i expected a period and that one was positive too so guess I am pregnant, maybe further on than I thought. x

Nice 1 amanda jane, congratulations. Hope you have a H&H pg and sending you lots of babyglue.

D xxx
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
ince coming off the pill 5 months ago, me and my partner started trying for a baby, In July i had a period on the 8th which i bled for 3 days then 18days later ANOTHER period again i bled for 3 days, 18 days after that i had my period on 17th August and so far that was my last period again only bleeding for 3 days. So iv worked out im due on 6th September. Im hoping to God im pregnant this time but hard to work out with my irregular periods when to have sex.

Please please if anyone could help i would be most grateful, im desperate to know could i be pregnant now???? in the last 3 days iv been feeling sickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular