NatalieNFang
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm 
Post subject: a little help for a newbie :D
hi guys Smile

looking for a little advice..
me and my fiance feel we are ready to start trying for a baby as we feel secure in our relationship. i was on the pill for 4 years and have now stopped taking it, i know that it may take a while for the pill to come out of my system (if you could call it that) and we both understand that i wont become pregnant immediately!

just wondering if there was any advice/tips that i could do to prepare myself for a future pregnancy or just any helpful advice. we are in no rush and know these things take time.

any helpful information would be greatful to us both Very Happy

thanks Wink
x
Bevanne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hello there!
Oh I think you'll be surprised, you might think your in no rush but once you start, you'll become obsesssed and everything will revolve around getting pregnant!
Honestly, you'll never see so many pregnant women and new babys and gorgeous prams! Trust me! Oh and you'll not be able to resist buying the odd pregnancy and birth magasine...just to flick through.And then theres the sickness and sore boobies and a million other symptoms you begin to imagine around the time your due on.

But dont worry its all perfectly normal, and theres millions of us acting insanely! Trust me!
Hopefully you'l be one of the lucky ones who only needs to be sneezed on and your caught. ! Just expect the unexpected, and dont tell anyone, as people make it their business to enquire 'are you not pregnant yet?' which isnt helpful if it doesnt happen quickly, and then put the ' getting lots of practice' jokes your way. Its easier said than done, but try not to put yourself under pressure, and just look forward to your forthcoming arrival, whenever it may be Good Luck! Laughing
ja43118
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
Scottish Girlie, I know exactly how you feel. My new husband and I started trying back in Sept after our wedding (Implanon removed) and I decided that we would just let nature take its course and see what happens. However, as you start reading forums like these and finding out more info you do start to become obsessed as Bevanne says. It is a nice kind of obsession though. We felt pregnant in our second month but sadly miscarried (just not meant to be this timex) so dont expect that it always takes a while - it could happen sooner rather than later.

Good luck with trying and if you need any advice at all - just post a subject or Private Message me if you want and I will tell you what I can (not qualified or anything - just a good listener)

Love another Scottish Girlie
JJ Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular