Why is he not sleeping?!

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:46 pm 
Post subject: Why is he not sleeping?!
Noah has been a BRILLIANT sleeper since he was about 5 months old. He goes through the night, 7am til 8am and self-settles. If he stirs in the night (which is very rare - maybe once a week) he'll settle himself back to sleep.

UNTIL LAST NIGHT

I returned to work after the summer hols 3 days ago, so I don't know if his routine has been a bit disturbed, but he wont settle himself at 7pm - last night (and so far tonight) he's just been crying for nearly an hour. And last night he woke every hour getting upset. What could be wrong?! It can't be his teeth because he's been in an otherwise ok mood. It's just at night.

What's gone wrong? Would me returning to work affect him like this. I did return from maternity leave a couple of months ago - just before the school hols - and he was fine. My mum & dad look after him in the day, and they said he's been fine during the day too.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 am 
Post subject:
hope things have got better now mandy. i cud be new baby or u going bak to work thats affecting him but i wudnt think so if u say hes been fine.

as u no georgia wakes once a night probs 5 days a week its just something weve had to get used to after trying everything and im just hoping with time she will grow out of it.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Don't know if it helps, But beth went through a similar thing a few weeks back, I found out it was because people were leaving whilst she was napping or in bed, and it made her worried about going to sleep.
So it could be the fact that you have gone back to work, He may think if he satys awake you wont go away when he wakes up,
It took a few weeks for her to get back to normal, and she as just started to self settle again,
Might also just be a pkase they go through x

Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hahaha, Ladies, thanks for your comments - but look at the date when I posted this - it was 14 months ago! Some woman has gone and replied to loads of posts with the same "advice" bumping the threads further up.

I haven't gone back to work yet after having Sam. I'm dreading it when I do!

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
lol i thort i was 2011 u posted now 2010!!! lol.

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Haha, I just didnt look, Oh well, i am blonde i have an excuse hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular