Am I pregnant?

keltru
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject: Am I pregnant?
Rolling Eyes Hello I'm new to askbaby! Just wanting some advice. I came off the pill in may and had 2 regular periods after both about 30-day cycle. However first day of my last period was 16th July! Have done about 3 pregnancy tests over the past 2 weeks but all negative! Been feeling quite dizzy over the past few days and having major mood swings- could I be pregnant? No other real symptoms tho - help![/code]
Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Newby,
You might be, but worth bearing in mind your cycle can get really messed up when you stop taking the pill (even if at first they seem to be regular). Some people concieve staight away, and for others it takes time. Perhaps try testing again in a week or so if nothing happens. Are you hoping you are?
keltru
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
yes hope so, am worried tho cos my sister had fertility probs and don't want to get totally obsessed by it like she was - bet I will tho! I was thinking I might be irregular after the pill but it's driving me crazy not knowing for sure, AF was as regular as clockwork before the pill!
Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Know exactly where you're coming from. I cam eoff the pll 18 months ago, and am about 8 weeks pregnant now. We weren't exactly tring to get pregnant all that time, just stopped trying not to! I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen for me. Periods were ok when I first stopped taking pill, but then just went mad, and I hated not having the regularity I'd enjoyed for so many years with it. Fingies crossed for you, but try not to get hopes up or worry that you might have fertility issues yet! Best of luck, and keep us posted Smile
puss2
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
aww hi hun, welcome to askbaby, the support here is great so we`ll be here all the way if you need advice. i had the same kind of trouble last month, i ended up being 9 days late before my AF arrived. and god... it`s frustrating!! i think all you can really do at this stage, is test every few days and wait and see what happens hun. if another week or two goes and there still is no AF then go see your doc.

hope your well though,
good luck,
puss x

keltru
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:26 am 
Post subject: Still no AF!
Thanks hun! I agree I think i'm just gonna testevery 3-4 days until AF arrives or get a BFP! The test packs say to test in another three days after a BFN if AF has still not arrived.

Thanks for everyones support! x Smile
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
It took me 3 preg tests and 9 days after my af was due before I got a positive. But like others have said the pill can do strange things to your body once you stop taking it. I hope you get the result you want soon. Smile
keltru
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject: Am I pregnant update!
Hi there!
Sorry not updated for a while! Still no af (my last af was 16/07) not done a test for over a week as working nights at the mo and just not been able to get out and buy one! Some symptoms arriving tho - my boobs seem more full and nipples are mega sensitive (sorry tmi!). Working last night shift tonight so will do a test tomorrow and update! Hope I get a bfp it's been 42 days since my last af an I've never been this late before!

Here's hoping!

simsy82
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
hiya my af was due on the 21st aug and my cycles are around 31-35 days, i came off the pill last october and have gone up to 49days without a period in march/april, i have done 2 hpt both negative and i to am on day 42 without af, so i know how u feel, am getting lot of pain in my stomach today so who knows!!!!!
keltru
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck simsy82! Did a test yesterday which was negative and my af has arrived today! Must just be really irregular from the pill - that was a 45 day cycle tho! Oh well more fun trying this month at least! Rolling Eyes

Ilovepink
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I'm quite new too and have found all the ladies on this forum a great help.

I came off the pill in June and my cycle has been mucked up every since.

Usally (on the pill) I would be a 28 day cycle, but I've now went from anything ranging from 28days to 38 days. Our bodies play some horrible tricks on us!!

Anyway good luck and hope u get ur bfp

xxxx
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
day 44 stil no af, i dont know wether to test again or to see if i still havent ot af by 4th sept when i will be 2 weeks late to go to docs

Any advice?

keltru
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:18 am 
Post subject:
you could always book your docs appointment and do a hpt in the meantime x Sounds like you might be in luck - hope so! Have you had any other cycles anywhere near this length? x x

simsy82
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
caved in and tested this morning still BFN, hubby getting concered now, as this is not the 1st time have gone this long, went 49 days in march but have been 31-35 all the other months

Think i will just wait 4 af

keltru
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
Have you booked a docs appointment? Hope you get your answer soon! Hope it's a BFP could you have ovulated later? x x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular