Car seat

cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 pm 
Post subject: Car seat
I know I have a long time yet but going on past history probably 18-20 wks Rolling Eyes so I am trying to be more organised than the last time when I had nothing done Laughing

Anyway, does anyone have an experience of the Britax Baby Safe Sleeper? I am thinking of getting one as i know with premies most car seats arent the best option as sitting upright for long period of time isnt good for them aslo was thinking of getting a carry cot style pram.

Thanks in advance Very Happy

Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
Have you seen the Jane car seats? I have one which can be either a lie flat car seat or a normal car seat. It was bloomin brilliant in the early days and also could go on the buggy chassis so it was basically a pram when she was asleep or a sit up car seat when she was awake. Then when she was older I made the buggy chassis into the buggy and lifted her from the car seat to it.

They do a permenantly lie flat car seat too and a normal car seat.

The whole system wasn't cheap, but at the same time I got so much use out of it and never had to buy another buggy or pram or anything!

http://www.johnstonprams.co.uk/item1384.htm

cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
I had a quick look at that one but not in much detail. So you buy the whole thing as seperates? Sorry its been 7 yrs and kinda outta touch Laughing

Also did you find when it was in the lying flat position it took up alot of room in the back seat? I will also have a booster seat in back. I am in the process of getting a newer car with 3 seats in the back rather than 2.5.

Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
It's not as bulky as the brittax one. It does take up two seats tho.

Yeah you can buy the car seat separate and which ever buggy you want, I think the link I sent is to the one I've got which is the slalom pro, a 3 wheeler but they do 4 wheelers too.

You might be ok with it on 2.5 seats, what sort of car is it?

cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
I have a vectra at the moment but looking at something like a renault scenic or similar.

they dont stock them in mothercare in Ireland but looking on the UK site and they are pricey but its the prem thing I am thinking of so def the best option for me.

http://www.mothercare.com/Jane-Slalom-Reverse-Matrix-Valley/dp/B003VZIXVY/sr=1-1/qid=1284416387/ref=sr_1_1/276-9414182-8978521?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=84370031&mcb=core

Have time to shop around yet but def think this is the best option seeing as it can be used up to 3yrs

cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
oh one thing I dont like is the break lever on the .......sorry only words coming to me at the moment is 'handle bars' which I know its nots as its not a bike!! think I need to go to bed. Laughing

Corrie22
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
lmao, your oh will love the hand brake, ALL men do, it's been the topic of conversation many a time Laughing

I love mine, its so padded and with a lovely wide seat she always looks so comfortable.

CarlaM
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm 
Post subject: Go Convertible
I just bought the Graco Nautilus Convertible Car Seat which was ranked #1 at http://www.allconvertiblecarseats.com Go convertible so much better in the long run and so easy to get in and out of the car now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular