ClairaBell's Book Club

ClairaBell
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:17 pm 
Post subject: ClairaBell's Book Club
Welcome one and all to ClairaBell's Book Club. As soon as I saw Tracie's suggestion I just had to get it up and running.

In my book club (I have always wanted one) I thought we could each review the books we are currently/have already read. I am a BIG reader and I find that the books I read have been recommended by others.

Anyways, I will start off by saying - at the minute I am reading The TIme Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I have only just started it, but from the word go I was hooked. Its about a man that sufferes from a rare condition where his genetic clock sporadically resets and he finds himself in his past or future. Very Happy

Last edited by ClairaBell on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deecee24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
I'm reading Lee Childs 61 hours. It's about an ex MP guy who is a roamer and always ends up in towns that need help. This one has him stuck in a town that's had a murder and the people who did it are trying to murder the witness and start something dangerous off. Only on page 121 but absolutely hooked. Can't wait till my next bath to read some more. 5 stars so far Very Happy

Dee
x

londonuk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
ha i am v sorry to admit this but i ahve just finished reading......a dirty mills and boon book, bit full on when you come to the sexytime bits !! tee hee
taken it back to library so cant remember the tittle !! Embarassed
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
I havent read a Mills & Boon book in years. Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
believe me they have got much better over the years !! ha Embarassed
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Claire
This is a great idea. I am a really big reader too.

I have just finished reading The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson.
Its about two women who have been linked together by a tragic event that happened 20 years ago. And how that event shaped their lives and their future.
Its a great book and it kept me hooked till the end.

The next book ive started is The TIme Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger too.

LianneJane1987
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:26 pm 
Post subject: Re: Broodyclaire's Book Club
BroodyClaire wrote:
Welcome one and all to Broodyclaire's Book Club. As soon as I saw Tracie's suggestion I just had to get it up and running.

In my book club (I have always wanted one) I thought we could each review the books we are currently/have already read. I am a BIG reader and I find that the books I read have been recommended by others.

Anyways, I will start off by saying - at the minute I am reading The TIme Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I have only just started it, but from the word go I was hooked. Its about a man that sufferes from a rare condition where his genetic clock sporadically resets and he finds himself in his past or future. Very Happy

This book sounds really good i might have to treat myself
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
the time travellers wife is sooooo sad has anyone ever seen the film? the book is much better though ive read a few good books about people that were abused if thats anyone's kind of read the best one i have read is scarred by a women called sophie andrews i actually emailed her after to say what an amazing woman she is theres quite a list of them ill have to dig through my books later ive also read all the twilights Embarassed slightly obsessed lol x
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:08 am 
Post subject:
Well, the book is going well. I couldn't put it down last night. Very Happy Sometimes I fond books hard to read at the beginning until I get into the story. But this one was WOW from the word go. xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Angelnandrew wrote:
the time travellers wife is sooooo sad has anyone ever seen the film? the book is much better though ive read a few good books about people that were abused if thats anyone's kind of read the best one i have read is scarred by a women called sophie andrews i actually emailed her after to say what an amazing woman she is theres quite a list of them ill have to dig through my books later ive also read all the twilights Embarassed slightly obsessed lol x

yeah, i have a few of that type, a couple by cathy glass (cut, damaged; i had to stop reading damaged at one point, i felt so sick and was bawling my eyes out Crying or Very sad ) whos a foster carer, and some by torey hayden, whos a special needs type teacher/therapist. two very special women to do what they do, helping mistreated kids find some sense of normality Crying or Very sad
Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Ooohhh lalena ill have to keep my eyes peeled for that one x
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Angelnandrew wrote:
Ooohhh lalena ill have to keep my eyes peeled for that one x

hey angel, the torey hayden ones i have to hand are;
silent boy
just another kid
one child and
the tigers child, which is the sequal to one child. one child is another devastating one, it must be said Crying or Very sad
reading that kind of book makes you realise how awful some people are, but equally that there are some wonderful ones too xxx
Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
The Time Traveller's Wife is one of the best books I've ever read - and I'm a big reader!

Hope you're still enjoying it Claire.

I'm currently reading a really trashy chick lit book called Kiss from Heaven (or something) by Tasmina Perry. Its one of those ones where everyone is super successful / gorgeous / rich but I'm enjoying it - like reading a celeb magazine like Now - doesn't really tax the brain but nice easy reading

I'm quite into Jodie Piccoult at the moment - trying to wade my way through them but my rubbish library had no decent books in the other day so I came away empty handed Sad

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

tiggerloveshugsisback
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Ohh cool I am so excited I always wanted to be in a book club lol

I am currently reading Foursome by Adele Parks and Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I am a big fan of both authors so am really enjoying both books.

I have wanted to read The Time Traveler's Wife so would love to hear what you think of it Claire.

I am going to NYC on Monday so will probably be dipping in and out of my Time Out NYC guide too in the next few days

Angelnandrew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
Theosmum wrote:

I'm quite into Jodie Piccoult at the moment - trying to wade my way through them but my rubbish library had no decent books in the other day so I came away empty handed Sad

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

funny u should say that i have just started jodi picoult perfect match n it is pretty damn good i must say my next book is catherine alliott not that kind of girl

if u like trashy belle de jour is excellent! x
Page 1 of 7

Jump to:  

Community

Popular