ClairaBell's Book Club

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:36 pm 
Post subject:
ilovemybabies wrote:
ive just read sophie kinsellas "can you keep a secret" in two days Very Happy it was brilliant and was literally laughing out loud Very Happy going to get twenties girl from the library today! is there any other sophie kinsella books i should be looking out for?

The Undomesticated Goddess and Remember Me, are good ones by her!
She also writes as Madeleine Wickham Smile
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:23 am 
Post subject:
I have finished 'The Weight of Silence' I was hooked all the way through and I would recommend it to anyone. Its by Heeather Gudenkauf. Very Happy Now to find another book. Any suggestions? Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:38 am 
Post subject:
I've just finished 'A Respectable Trade' by Philippa Gregory which was ok but I wouldn't recommend anyone to rush out and buy it. I'm trying to decide whether to read 'Atonement' or 'Enduring Love' again - I loved them both when I read them the first time and I need to re-familiarise myself with them for my A level class (likewise 'The Colour Purple' but I don't want the trauma just yet!). I love Marian Keyes too - I've got all of hers, the new one is the next on my list!! My favourite is 'Sushi for Beginners'!

I'm really funny when it comes to watching the films of books I've read (I have to read the book first!!!) - I tried to watch 'Twilight', hated it, read the books, loved them and quite like the films now (I think because I fill in the gaps!) I get really cross when they change things or they aren't as I imagined. I particularly hate when they change the endings...GRRR! Evil or Very Mad Some films I know I can't watch because I cried so much at the books - 'Marley and Me' and 'My Sister's Keeper' being two prime examples! x
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 am 
Post subject:
I am now reading 'Picture Perfect' by Jodi Picoult. I think I have read most of her other books, but somehow missed this one. Confused I am enjoying it so far. xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
ClairaBell wrote:
I am now reading 'Picture Perfect' by Jodi Picoult. I think I have read most of her other books, but somehow missed this one. Confused I am enjoying it so far. xx

Oh I am reading that aswell! Have read a good few of her books when I am not reading James Patterson, Alex Barclay or Linwood Barclay books.

ClairaBell
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Got a new booK! Very Happy Very Happy Well not new but from the library. I am reading The Nearly Moon by Alice Sebold (the one that did The Lovely Bones). Its really good so far. Very Happy
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls

i love reading, read a few of the books already mentioned, cant remember the others as i always give my books to charity once i have read them as no room for them.

i have just read katie prices new book, and loved it, im not normaly into these sort of books but i really enjoyed reading about her life, fantastic read.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
Well I have just finished Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and oh my god it had me laughing out loud!!!!! I so recommend it!!!!
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Tracie, I want to read that one.

For christmas I had 'Harvesting the heart' by Jodi Picoult. I am reading this but I am also cross stitiching for my sisters wedding present at the minute, so not getting much reading done. xx
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
I've finished reading The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes which was fantastic, I loved it. I'm now reading Wicked because I loved the musical, but its awful!! i'm ploughing on in the hope it will get better but... (and because I'm picturing Lee Mead as his character... Embarassed )
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
Just thought I'd share. I bought a book the other day as I had and hour train journey to take... by 9 pm that evening I'd finished it! real page turner!

It's called 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. Sad and haunting in some ways yet inspiring....and so well written! Id really, really recommend it
CherylMummy0f3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
hi all, i am also a big reader Smile love books although my OH dosent understand why i can read novels and so quickly lol. we got 2 the libary every 2nd sat, due to go 2moz Smile i get good books, he gets daft comic boook types and LO gets kiddie books, libarys are great Very Happy
i have got 3 books to take back 2moz which are the last year of being single by Sarah Tucker, what about me by Kate Figes and up all night by Carmen Reid all 3 of the books were fantasic had me laughing and crying at parts Smile im going to take out 4 this fortnight as i had all 3 read by sun and have had none 2 read all week lol. have a pig pile of my own books but have read all them aswell, goin 2 ask if i can donate them 2 libary as they just in a box using space and gathering dust

xx
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
abbie29 wrote:
I'm now reading Wicked because I loved the musical, but its awful!! i'm ploughing on in the hope it will get better but... (and because I'm picturing Lee Mead as his character... Embarassed )

Not seen the musical hon but the book does pick up pace as you get into it!
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 am 
Post subject:
Angelnandrew wrote:
the time travellers wife is sooooo sad has anyone ever seen the film? the book is much better though ive read a few good books about people that were abused if thats anyone's kind of read the best one i have read is scarred by a women called sophie andrews i actually emailed her after to say what an amazing woman she is theres quite a list of them ill have to dig through my books later ive also read all the twilights Embarassed slightly obsessed lol x

i too have read all the twilights including the short second life of Bree Tanner
i have also read all harry potters but that was AGES ago
hmmm generally though i just read random books
ive read alot of books about childhood abuse and neglect as my dad buys them for my mum and i used to get bored and would just sit and read book after book
ive read 'Marley and me' and at the time the dog id grown up with was dying of cancer Crying or Very sad so it hit me particularly hard and as abbie29 said i will not be watching the film
not a big fan of autobiographies and for this reason ive only read a limited selection one of which is Micheal McIntyres Smile because i secretly love him pmsl
currently not reading a book but trying to persuade my mum to let me borrow 'My sisters keeper'xx
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
I am reading a Minette Walters book at the minute 'The Shape of Snakes'. I love her books. Someone in our office has read this one and I want to ask her how it ends, but i don't want to spoil it, but i want to know who did it, but i don't!

Aaarggh Sorry about that. It shouldn't take me long to finish it though.

Mummy2B - I was thinking of donating some books to our library too as I have loads at home. x
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  

Community

Popular