Thrombosis, etc please help ,(

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 am 
Post subject: Thrombosis, etc please help ,(
Right this is really important. My sister suspected she had chicken pox after me and the kids had it but it was just a few spots. Stupid gp couldn't diagnose or confirm as he wasn't sure :rollseyes: ... they took a blood test and it was extremely thick and clumpy, now they didn't think this is a problem but i do! Particularly since i have a high family history of thrombosis (My mom had three strokes, my granddad had two heart attacks, second killed him! My mom has had DVT twice and my nan and uncle have both had one!) Plus my mom had stillborn identical twins. Now tell me if i'm being stupid but why the [*CENSORED*] did they just let her go and not investigate this?! She has just text saying she has had a severe headache since Friday and it's now going into her neck and back!! I'm absolutely livid, what the [*CENSORED*] are these people doing? Anybody else experienced this and what was the cause etc. I'm so worried and angry right now! Something like this could very easily leave my sister and her twins dead Crying or Very sad xxx

lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:37 am 
Post subject:
might not be all that relavent, but stephens nan has blood problems, had a stroke a few months ago etc. at a recent funny turn when she got taken to hospital, because of having thick blood and her history, theyve told her to take half an aspirin daily to thin her blood, as well as making sure she keeps her fluids up, because dehydration wasnt helping.
with your family backround, she definately warrants closer attention Crying or Very sad
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:22 pm 
Post subject:
Well that's why i changed my midwife last time as despite the family history she said i didn't need to under the consultant and refused to send my notes to him despite being under him first time because of it. I was then put straight on aspirin. My sister just text saying she was really shaking last night so i've told her to call triage as these symptoms aren't good. Thank-you for replying, i guess everyone else thinks i'm lying!xxx

JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
If your sister is worried she should contact the labour ward stat, and get checked out.
It might be that she needs to take clexane.

Julie xx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
hi! you must be so worried' just make sure your sis get seen to, even pregnancy itself can vause so many things to happen to your body! How is she now? Don't get to stressed!
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
i really dont have any experience on the matter tash, only that my mum had what i think is known as pulmonary thrombosis when pregnant with my sis, she had to take medication i think to dissolve the clot or something like that. it was very serious at the time and my sis had to be delivered early. regardless of whether thrombosis is the cause of it, if your sis is feeling that unwell, she really should be going to see someone immediately anyway to establish whats causing it. Sorry shes poorly atm, and i hope she gets some answers, think youve done all you can in advising her to see someone.

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks guys. I know Fi i want her to be seen today but she won't listen to me. If i had credit i'd ring them myself and get them to call her xxx

LucyandLewismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun, I have had a DVT and a Pulmonary Embolisim and the usual signs are pains in the legs (calves) and swelling (mine anyway). I am on warfarin for life and whilst I was pregnant had to inject heparin.

They are probably not investigating the DVT as there are no obvious physical signs but I would be worried about the headache etc it might be worth a quick call, they won't speak to you but if she is worried there is no harm in a quick call.

xxx

MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
When you say the blood was thick and clumpy tash do you mean in the blood tube? Only i know from doing phlebotomy at work the blood tubes used for chemistry contain a reagent that binds the blood together and makes it seem clumpy

The signs of dvt would be leg pain, redness and swelling or if she has a sharp chest pain its worth checking but the headache is unlikely to be related to blood clotting but could be hormone headaches so might be sworth speaking to gp about it

MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I have no advice expect on the chicken pox, but just to say chicken pox is only dangerous to you fetus before 12 weeks (because its the most important time in their development) and in the last 4/6 weeks, and thats incase they are born then and can be born with it xx

Anything inbetween in safe xx
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. Mario i wasn't there but it basically flopped from one side of the tube to the other, literally. She said she felt better after her sleep and has her scan and consultant appointment in the morning and i'm going with her so we'll see what happens.xxx

MarioAndStuntChicken
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
StrongerThanYesterday wrote:
Thanks ladies. Mario i wasn't there but it basically flopped from one side of the tube to the other, literally. She said she felt better after her sleep and has her scan and consultant appointment in the morning and i'm going with her so we'll see what happens.xxx

Yuop sounds exactly like what happens with tubes i draw for chemistry. The reagent in the tube binds the red cells so they clump. I'd say its unlikely to be a blood clotting disorder and sounds like your sis is getting preg symptoms but at least shes got her appointments tommorrow so they will pick up any problems if there are any

XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
aww hun she will be fine. dont worry too much caus you will get yourself worked up. you tend to know your own body so your sis will know if there was a serious problem. i am very sure that all 3 of them are gonna be fine Very Happy

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
ClairaBell
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Does she have a swolen leg or anything? Thats usually where a DVT is situated. I have a family history of this and I am prone to cellulitus now, even after just knocking my leg.

Usually with family history they investigate further. Confused xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
Well her blood is fine now but she should still be on aspirin because of the family history but she wouldn't bring it up and said she'd kill me if i did Rolling Eyes

Claire our PCT is [*CENSORED*] and i haven't met a decent medical professional yet!!!!!

I know the signs of DVT as my mum had to wear one of those leg sock things Confused xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular