Rasberry leaf tablets - how many should i take?

lozNic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 pm 
Post subject: Rasberry leaf tablets - how many should i take?
Hiya, im 34 weeks pregnant and heard rasberry leaf tablets help with the labour. Is that true? I have some and it says to take 2 tablets 3 times a day with warm liquid. But it doesnt say at what gestation you should begin taking them , or if the dosage should be increased or dcreased according to how far along you are.
Does anyone know please? Thanks x good luck to everyone x LozNic
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
hi there!
to be honest i dont know much about that apart froma friend of mine started taking them as directed from 36 weeks ...nothing happened though, she went overdue and had to be induced..
good luck though.x
carolinew
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, i took these tablets from 36 weeks. 2 tablets 3 times a day so probably the same ones as you have mentioned. (strongest dose they have in herbal shops) I went over 9 days with my baby even after 2 sweeps so in my opinion they didnt work. They are however ment to make the 2nd stage of labour quicker, for me it lasted 40 mins as i was very tired (had no sleep for 3 days due to contractions lol Rolling Eyes ) but i was told that stage can take upto 2 hours so maybe it did help a bit with my labour. hope this helps a bit.
Caz x x Smile
Charlplusbabies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:09 am 
Post subject:
raspberry leaf tea, is not supposed to send you into labour, it is supposed to make your uterus contract harder, therefore getting baby out quicker. how true it is i dont know but i do know a fair few shops that wont sell it to pregnant women if they're less than 37 weeks.
remember ladies your not classed as full term until between 37 - 42 weeks. do we really want to bring these babies on before they're ready???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular