had an ectopic and lost right tube . Now ttc

needbabydust
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 am 
Post subject: had an ectopic and lost right tube . Now ttc
hello all i had an ectopic two years ago aged 22 and sadly lost one of my tubes . I finally feel ready to try again but as i'm sure all of you know there is so much information on this subject i have no idea what is correct ! We've been trying for 3 months now and i know that's nothing but have no idea on what the odds really are after losing a tube . I remember after my op the surgeon said my other tube looked healthy so that's got to be a bonus ! Would be greatfull to hear from anyone in the same boat or some happy stories ! X
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:28 am 
Post subject:
I'm trying to conceive after a reversal and I only have one tube , I did some research and found out that a normal length tube can pick up the egg from either ovary so in theory if your other tube is healthy and a normal length then your chances are pretty much the same as if you had both tubes,one of the other reversal ladies is currently pregnant and she only has one tube , not sure how long it took for her though, good luck x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
have you had a HSG? Because i was told my tube looked healthy, but it was actually blocked.
I would request one (dont tell them youve only been trying 3 months - fib and say 12) - you should be eligable because of your previous history.
That way you will know if all is ok, and often, ladies fall pregnant within a month or 2 of a HSG beacuse it can flush out any 'rubish' and mucous that might be causing a problem.

Good luck, and try to relax. I know its scary ttc after an ectopic, but i have put the AEPU guidelines up on the Ectopic Awareness thread. I would also insist on them doing 48 hrly checks of your HCG as soon as you get a +ve pregnancy test. It will help to keep you safe.

Best of luck,
Julie x

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:11 am 
Post subject:
Smile think I may request an hsg.. to make sure my other tube isnt blocked.. dont really want to risk another e/p this is just in case I do want to ttc again.. xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like a good idea Angel , even if the NHS won't do it , and I don't see why they wouldn't it only costs a few hundred pounds and would put your mind at rest x
XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 am 
Post subject:
what do you ask for wen you go to the docs as i was thinking about a hsg. we have been trying since my ep and its been over a year with nothing now. i did go to the docs not that long ago but was told "you have gotten pg so there isnt really a problem" [*CENSORED*] me right off

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:55 am 
Post subject:
go and see another doctor Candy.. you should get an hsg done..on NHS.. things can change.. hun.. they should be more sympathetic.. xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
needbabydust
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
thanks folks for all your advice am seeing doctor in the week . Really hope i don't have to put up a fight to have a hsg test ! This is my fourth month of trying but will have to tell a porky and say been trying longer, seeing how some stories have gone . My period is due on the 15th so be over the moon if this month is the one but no signs or symptoms yet which makes me doubt as before i had them quite early on . Fingers crossed for all you ladies ttc and would love to be updated with your stories . X
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
good luck hun xxx
needbabydust
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
thank you so much . Lots of love to you at this hard time hope your doing okay and are being waited on hand and foot x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
thanks needbabydust..
I think you are incredibly brave..and wish you luck..
try and get an HCG as that will give you more info about whats going on..sometimes it can flush through any blockage as well.. xx
needbabydust
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 am 
Post subject:
hey guys went to doctors and been told i have got to try for a few more months ! Bit annoyed but hey ho ! Due on friday is it worth doing a test already it's only this week is going so so slow it's driving me mad ! X
MommyLou
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:58 am 
Post subject: Re: had an ectopic and lost right tube . Now ttc
Hello

I just wanted to tell you my story to offer you some hope.....
In 2003 I too suffered an ectopic pregnancy and lost my right tube, I was devestated! I already had a daughter but did want another baby! Within a month of the operation I conceived again and eventually gave birth to a beautiful baby boy! In 2009 I conceived again within 2 months of trying and in October 2009 gave birth to another baby boy, we were thrilled. Well that's not the end, in ;une 2010 I conceived again within one month of trying and I am 18 weeks pregnant with baby number 4!
Please don't give up hope as it will happen for you! Sending you lots of love and baby dust! Keep me posted on how you get on!
Louise.
Xxx

needbabydust wrote:
hello all i had an ectopic two years ago aged 22 and sadly lost one of my tubes . I finally feel ready to try again but as i'm sure all of you know there is so much information on this subject i have no idea what is correct ! We've been trying for 3 months now and i know that's nothing but have no idea on what the odds really are after losing a tube . I remember after my op the surgeon said my other tube looked healthy so that's got to be a bonus ! Would be greatfull to hear from anyone in the same boat or some happy stories ! X
needbabydust
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
hey lou ! That has put a really big smile on my face heard so many horror stories it's nice to speak to someone with a happy one . I've been referred to a gyna now just waiting for my first appointment now . Fingers crossed all is okay . Just goes to show though it does happen and quickly in your case Wink . X x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Lou,
thanks for posting that, made me smile too..congratulations..
after the op were you told to wait before ttc.. as i have been told to wait til I have 2 AF cycles before ttc again... so just waiting now for the 1st AF to arrive.. Rolling Eyes xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular