Still no date for scan

portmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm 
Post subject: Still no date for scan
I make myself 8 weeks this week and still cant wait for my scan. I got a letter from the hospital giving me the date for my first antenatal clinic and i will only be told the date for the scan then. Is that the norm?? Plus I am not having lots of symtoms. Apart from being tired, sore boobs and cramps I dont feel very pregnant so I am very anxious.

Am i being silly? am i just one of the lucky ones? Please someone reassure me. I just wanna see my baby on the screen so me and my bf can get some peace of mind

Thanks in advance
x Neutral
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
I know what you mean, you just want to see it for real, time goes so slowly and the date never seems to get to you.

I was 10 weeks with my first midwife apt and 13 weeks when i had my scan, i think its any time up to 14 weeks theytend to book it.You never know you might get to this appointment and they say right your booked in for your first scan in a couple of days.

Hope this helps xx
portmum
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
well that would be great as I am going away 3 days later and going to tell my mum but something tells me i wont get that lucky.
I guess i am just being parranoid with my symtoms too, i can tell i am going to be a boig worrier.

Has anyone else had the same issue

Thanks
LisaCop
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I know exactlywhat you mean.
I found out i was pregnant at about 5 weeks. I saw the doctor and he made me an appointment with the midwife when I was going to be around 12 weeks.
I didn't have a scan until 23 weeks, I was told not everyone gets them at 12 weeks and because I didn't want a downs test I couldn't have a scan until then. It drove me mad, because I couldn't believe I was pregnant till I had a scan.
I did start with slight morning sickness around 9 weeks, but it didn't seem real until I had a scan.

Hope all goes well
Lisa
lhughes76
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
I am pregnant with my 3rd baby...... relax this is normal!! you will be given a scan date when you are around 12ish weeks, where you will be offered the downs test as well. Its understandable that you want to see the scan, im sure every mother to be feels the same way.... I know i did every time!!!!
Every area and hospital deal with things different, but speak to your midwife and voice you worries and concerens, they have prop heard it before and will understand ( that their job)
Good luck

Louise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular