danni187
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:04 pm 
Post subject: please help me
hi

im new to this forum so my question could be in the wrong place but here goes,

I became pregnant in march 2010 and my child is due dec 8th 2010 before i became pregnant i was not working.

i started work on april 1st and have worked there ever since which makes it approx 28 weeks employed i know i am not entitled to stat maternity pay as i do not earn enough

what i want to know is am i entitled to maternity allowance

thanks for reading

danielle.
babymakes5
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
hi i dont know know much about mternity pay of any sort but would of thought you would be entiled to help of some description i would give citizens advice a ring on monday they would be able to advise you on everything youd get help with like the 190 pound one of payment -cant think what its called!!!! or there should be a load of bumf in the pregnancy pack your midwife gave you take care Very Happy
littleted
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 am 
Post subject:
I got this off the direct gov website - looks like for those who don't get statutory, get maternity allowance:

You might get Maternity Allowance if:

* you're employed, but not eligible for Statutory Maternity Pay
* you're registered self-employed and paying Class 2 National Insurance Contributions (NICs), or hold a Small Earnings Exception certificate
* you have very recently been employed or self-employed

You may be eligible if:

* you've been employed and/or self-employed for at least 26 weeks in your 'test period' (66 weeks up to and including the week before the week your baby is due). Part weeks count as full weeks; and
* you earned 30 a week averaged over any 13 weeks in your test period

Earnings from your employment and earnings you are treated as having if you are self-employed are used to work out your Maternity Allowance. More information about this can be found in the leaflet 'A Guide to Maternity Benefits - NI17A

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018869

Jump to:  

Community

Popular